NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
WaSH Team Leader
Mubi (Nigeria Nationals Only)
Nigeria, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for a WaSH Team Leader for our field office in Mubi, Adamawa State in North-East Nigeria. The purpose of the WaSH Team Leader is to ensure the Implementation and impact of WaSH program activities in Mubi, Adamawa State
The WaSH Team Leader reports to the Area Manager South
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the Hygiene promotion (HP) and community mobilization (CM) activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure that project work plans, procurements, spending plans, and implementation are done in a timely manner and to the specifications
- Contribute with wash specific technical competence to the development of WASH strategy, Micro Log Frames, and the country strategy process
- Contribute with wash specific technical competence to program development, adjustment or review
- Contribute to conducting the WASH CC specific technical assessments and document findings and recommendations
- Provide WASH specific technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. Sector coordination) and working groups
- Contribute to the development of WASH CC specific technical indicators and mechanism for M&E
- Contribute to the development of WASH specific technical guidance, tools and mechanism to streamline service delivery
- Coordinate activities related to WASH infrastructure construction and Hygiene Promotion within the target communities
- Participates in the monthly budget monitoring and gives inputs into the project review meetings, grant opening meetings and other
- Bachelor of science or Civil /Water Engineering or Public
- Experience from working with wash projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous 2 years’ work experience in community-based water, Sanitation programs; Work experience with an NGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements, and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of water Hygiene and Sanitation service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Must have previous experience in training and Training of Trainers.
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken - in English required.
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, Arc Gis, and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
We can offer
- Commencement: January 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Mubi, with frequent travels. Travel outside Mubi is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.