Watch Keeper at The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: 15 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Agency for Technical Cooperat
ACTED is a French humanitarian INGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified candidate to support its mission in the position below:
About the Job
- Acted Nigeria Mission operates throughout the North East Region of Nigeria. Due to the nature of operations, the geographical locations in which we as a mission deliver humanitarian aid, the unpredictable and ever-changing context, staff accountability procedures, the importance of effective communications and the concern of staff safety and security during any field deployments within this context is of a huge concern;
- As a result of this there is a requirement of a 24hr operations room to be operating and manned by watch keepers on a 24hr basis in order to ensure all field deployments are managed, controlled, and monitored whilst ensuring effective communications and staff accountability procedures are followed and respected at all times; this in turn will support the crisis management team, HQ and the teams involved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Duty Supervisor, Security Officers and the Country Security Manager, the following will be carried out in line with the ACTED Nigeria Security Policies, Procedures and Protocols whilst on duty.
- Conduct 12hr shifts at a time in the Maiduguri Operations Rooms
- Record, monitor and issue communications, safety and security equipment to staff members on a daily basis
- Log and report staff movements, security and medical incidents
- Coordinate and monitor all communications traffic and movements for the Missions staff when deployed
- Coordinate and monitor all communications traffic and staff movements for the Mission
- Act as an important part of the Missions Crisis Management Cell and a point of contact for all staff on a 24hr basis
- Attend regular training which will be provided internally and externally
- Adhere to the ACTED Nigeria Code of Conduct, existing Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Ensure the existing staff movements and communications protocols and procedures are followed by all field teams
- Report any near misses, security incidents or medical emergencies accordingly through the ACTED communications tree
Essential Key Skills and Experience
- As a minimum, this position requires an individual with the following experience
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a security officer/assistant role
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working for an INGO
- Operating VHF hand-held radio equipment
- Operating Thuraya Satellite equipment, Garmin Tracking devices and ‘Push-to-Talk’ (PTT) communications equipment
- The ability to communicate, read and write in Hausa, Kanuri, Margi, Bura and English
- The ability to write detailed reports and log staff movements
- The technical ability to fault find and repair issues on VHF and Satellite communications equipment
- Conversant with Iridium, Thuraya and GPS equipment
- A good understanding of voice procedure
- Contract length: 4 Months possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
Method of Application
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases, Interview could be held before closing date.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Know More About The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)Similar Jobs
- Local Security Assistant at UNDP
- Safety and Security Officers-Nigeria at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Security Guard at Red Eye Security Limited
- Chief Security Officer (CSO) at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Country Security Adviser (Nigeria) at iMMAP
- Security Officer at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Security Officers at ShepherdHill Security
- Security Manager at Nocturnus Security Limited