Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
Strategic Information Director
Country Office: Nigeria Country Office
Position report to: Chief of Party
The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming. In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Strategic Information (SI) Director Advisor for TMEC/RISE will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance in planning and implementing appropriate SI/M&E systems, activities and technical assistance for RISE/Nigeria.
- The director will also provide additional supports to other Jhpiego projects as necessary
- Provide leadership and direction on Sl/M&E activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve TMEC/RISE Nigeria's goals, objectives and targets and other Jhpiego projects as necessary
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team to ensure success in meeting TMEC/RISE-Nigeria’s goals, objectives and targets
- Lead development of project PMP and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Lead the process of establishing an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse facility-level data for all TMEC/RISE-Nigeria’s States and facilities
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Strengthen the use of data at state and facility level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for MitE/SI and data quality improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources
- Supervises team of and M&E/SI and informatics advisors, data managers and clerks to produce high-quality date and monitor program quality and progress to target
- Oversee timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to USAID, including narrative progress reports and weekly, monthly quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative results.
- Support and guide capacity building through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI activities
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts
- Trouble shoot issues that arise and provide immediate solutions
- Ensure compliance to donor reporting requirements into DATIM and other formats for high frequency reporting
- Advanced degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Public Health, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; doctoral- level degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects, with proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger and Adamawa.
- Reference will be required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the "Position you are applying for and Location".
- Candidate that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply