Learning for Results Lead at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Learning for Results Lead
Job Ref.: CURRI01643
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative is seeking a Learning for Results Lead who will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all curriculum development activities, including leading and coordinating design, development, and implementation.
- The position requires technical experience with design, development, implementation, and assessment of Early Grade Reading Curricula.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
- Support, design, and develop Early Grade Reading (EGR) curriculum teaching and learning materials (TLM) including student textbooks teacher guides student work books continuous assessment books;
- Support the scope and sequencing drafting and field-testing refinement piloting assessing and revision of the EGR TLM;
- Provide technical support for the development of various evaluation tools to be used for qualitative and quantitative assessment of EGR learning materials and carry out various evaluations using those instruments as required;
- Support various capacity development programs provided to improve and upgrade the capacity of the Ministry of Education (MOE) to plan design develop and implement EGR curriculum in the system;
- Manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Education.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five (5) years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Hausa Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Materials Development Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Numeracy Advisor at Creative Associates International
- English Language Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Teacher Education Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Gender Advisor at Mercy Corps
- Collaboration, Learning And Adapting (CLA) /Knowlege Management Advisor at Mercy Corps
- Humanitarian Child Protection Manager at Save The Children
- Supply & Logistics Associate at UNICEF
- AVR Community Policing Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- AVR Facilitator at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultancy Independent Study at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Nutrition and Health Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International