Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Monguno, Borno
Starting Date: Beginning of November, 2019
Ending Date: July 31st, 2020
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Deputy Project manager, the OPD supervisor provides patients management in collaboration with Midwife and other team members.
- S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure quality and continuity of care, promotion and restoration of health of the patients and population, ensure supervision of care.
Responsabilities and Tasks
- Ensure consultations and nursing duties organization, including triage, dressings, injections, and distribution of drugs according to nurses’ protocols, precautions, hygiene standards, and clinicians’ prescriptions
- Verify on a daily basis that the consultation rooms are provided with necessary equipment and consumables
- Provide technical support to the clinician for diagnoses and management cases
- Assist the clinicians in the management of the referral cases
- Ensure that health education according to the protocols and key messages are well provided
- Evaluate the quality of consultations by assessing clinicians once or twice/month
- Propose any implementation of medical protocols, update it if necessary, and ensure that the medical staff follow it
- Monitor the rational use of medicines and the proper administration of treatments in step with national international protocols
- Ensure smooth implementation and integration of services among the health team and other PUI sector team (MHPSS, SRH, Nutrition, food security, protection)
- Ensure that the work place is clean
- Participate in any other activities such as vaccination, survey, etc…according to the needs
- Organize and monitor the waste management according to the waste management procedures
- Ensure that all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient cards and registration book, referral form, death report from etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly.
Drugs and Medical Equipment Management:
- Ensure that PHC is properly supplied with materials and drugs
- Prepare drugs and materials requests in collaboration with the team, DPM and SRH supervisor
- Ensure that expiry dates of drugs are checked
- Ensure that drugs and materials storage respect standard rules (hygiene, notification, stock cards…)
- Ensure that the medical material is clean and sterilized.
- Plan Monthly schedule for the team member with DPM and PHC In charge, and follow up
- Manage staff timetable, annual leaves, and attendance sheets
- Organize team work regarding team capacity in order to cover all PHC needs
- Ensure the respect of Première Urgence Internationale rules and inform the DPM of any disrespect of the rules
- Participate in the regular evaluation of medical staff in collaboration with the DPM
- Support the team in its daily work
- Schedule regular meetings with OPD staff to communicate updates and raise challenges encountered by the team
- Debrief any new PUI or MOH staff of the PHC system and regulations
- Ensure training of the medical team in collaboration with DPM
- Ensure training of awareness team in collaboration with HPM
- Assess the need of training
- Assess the level of knowledge after the trainings
- Regularly appraise the performance of clinician team
- Ensure the security rules in the field are respected, the safety of the field officers is guaranteed and the regular communication with the security focal person is maintained.
Medical Data Collection and Reporting:
- Ensure that the Medical prescription are readable, dated and signed
- Ensure an accurate daily use and tracking of epidemiological data
- Ensure the tracking of consumption of the drugs and medical materials
- Ensure the good collection on general information about the people living conditions
- Ensure the archiving the documents, tools and training materials in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
- Work in close collaboration with the deputy health program manager and report all his/her activities, observations and needs
- Report to the DPM/PM any problem in the clinic especially the gap/loss/robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines or any patient and organizational issue.
Internal and External Representation:
- Be the focal point in the PHC with external partners. Explain how the PHC works, difficulties faced, and strengths.
- Ensure verbal and written hand over at every duty shift to the team and emphasize on specific events
- Translates documents and/or interprets conversation when necessary
- Participate actively in meetings as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Fluent in English, Hausa and good knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Recognized Nurse Degree with national legislation
- At least 2 years of experience in Nursing, staff supervision and experience with NGOs’
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good knowledge of Medical ethics
- Good knowledge of communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Good reporting skills
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including word, excel and outlook
- Interests: Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Transversals skills
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
- Team Management
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.