Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Monguno, Borno
Slot: 6 Openings
Starting date: November, 2019
- Under the Direct Supervision of the Health Supervisor, the Nurse provides patients consultations in collaboration with Midwife and other team members in the facility.
- S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure Quality and contiunity of care, promotion and restoration of health of patients and population.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Welcome patients to the facility.
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
- Assess and identify patients health needs.
- In the role of Clinician, manage the cases under his/her line of technical expertise, but also provide nursing care according to the need of the patient.
- Adhere to his/her level of therapeutic standards.
- Give first aid when needed.
- Provide low-key psychological support/Basic Psychological First Aid to patients according to need.
- Provide individual and group health education to patients, when appropriate.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly data collection for OPD
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- In case of absence of another team member, the nurse will replace in the appropriate sector (nurses in other departments (triage, dressing, vaccination, nutrition, etc.…), midwives, registrar, and dispenser).
- In case of absence of the Team Leader, the nurse will take the Lead and will become the security focal point of the team.
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with the other health staff.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri, Hausa
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: 2-3 years of experience in Nursing, or in OPD services.
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for team work
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.