Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain
Field Specialist - Gas Turbines
Job ID: 1926904
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Field Specialist will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
- As a Field Specialist you will represent Baker Hughes both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of Baker Hughes.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Gas Turbines and Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Baker Hughes safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the equipment
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries
- Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of GE FR5, FR6 & FR7 Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and BCL, MCL & AN200 Compressors units.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Baker Hughes career website on bakerhughes.taleo.net to apply