Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Ngala, Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
Contract type: National contract
About the Job
- The Food Security Nutrition Assistant is responsible to assist the Food Security Nutrition Officer in the implementation of DRC Nutrition activities within the scope WFP programme in Bama and Ngala, Borno State.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist or take lead in all the Nutrition activities including nutrition screening and distribution.
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and training during community led Nutrition activities and training of CNMs and SBCC facilitators.
- Assist in Planning, supervising and monitoring training, awareness and sensitisation activities, including maintenance and verification of all supporting documentation and activities (e.g. pre- and post-tests).
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on the implementation of the Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities, cooking demonstration and complementary feeding with the support from the Nutrition officer/Team Leader
- Assist in maintaining records of all activities, in order to complete timely reports for DRC and for external actors, including donors.
- Support in the design and implementing a detailed work plan for the Nutrition team at the project site level activities in collaboration with Nutrition officer/Team Leader, which will include all aspects of the program.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all nutrition-related activities, including screening, referrals and follow up.
- Assist the Nutrition Officer in the project documentation.
- Promote the rights of displaced people and affected populations, and explore and assess new and better ways to provide timely, effective and appropriate assistance in a way that promotes rights and dignity.
- Assist in gap analysis, needs assessment, conducting registration, receiving commodities and distributing to beneficiaries in locations adversely affected by the conflict.
- Ensuring quality MUAC screening takes place at all team registrations: children are accurately recorded in terms of their nutrition status;
- Assist in Ensuring appropriate implementation of Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) for children 6- 59 months and the Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Line Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Prepare and share a work plan with the CPT Officer according to the programme detail and implementation plan
- Provide the CTP Officer with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- BA/B.Sc/HND in Health or Nutrition related field;
- 1 year of experience working on the implementation of a nutrition program
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with carrying out assessments, nutrition case management, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Past Experience in CMAM and IYCF
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa; fluency in other languages spoken in Borno will be a plus.
- Contract length: 11 Months
- Level: IPE Band NM-I
- Designation of Duty Station: Bama
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of contract.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.