The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Senior Progrm Officer, Pediatrics (Pediatrics ART)
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
- Provide technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Work with clinicians and health facility-based site teams to implement care and treatment services especially in adult antiretroviral treatment.
- Conduct mentoring and supervisory visits.
- Actualize various strategies at the national to facility-level according to the program component area.
- Provide management in TB/HIV co-infection.
- Execute component area strategies through mentoring, supervision and technical assistance to local partners in-country.
- Participate in United State Government, Federal Ministry of Health, and other external partner technical meetings, as assigned.
- Attend technical, expanded leads, program area, departmental and regional meetings.
- Provide feedback, progress update, performance achievement, and analysis as required
- Meet project management, financial reporting, and program area performance measurement requirements.
- Prepare work plans for the department.
- Provide capacity building, mentoring and hands-on supervision of doctors, pharmacists, laboratory scientists & nurses on HIV Counseling and Testing, Care & Treatment
- Attend and present at scientific sessions of health facilities
- Report all activities to the Program Manager Pediatrics ART, Technical Advisor Adult ART and the Director/Head, Clinical services department.
- Adhere to and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Carry out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services Department.
- A University degree in Medicine with an MPH or related Master’s degree.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the computer programming - Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency with data analysis.
- Ability/capacity to develop and design TBHIV care and treatment strategic plan
- High quality narrative report writing and understanding of project management principles.
- Good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on pediatric HIV care and treatment. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded pediatric care and treatment program. Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of care and treatment programs.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of pediatric care and treatment issues. Understanding the major issues affecting pediatric HIV care and treatment with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of pediatric care and treatment programs in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the "Assistant Director, Human Resources" through this email address: email@example.com Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
Click Here for More Information
Note: Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.