The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Program Manager Care and Support
Location: Central Office, Abuja
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Care and Support
- Program Management – manage care and support using evidence-based, high impact, cost effective interventions for the improvement of care and support services including but not limited to treatment preparation and enhanced adherence, effective appointment systems, retention and Positive Health Dignity and Prevention.
- Carry out close coordination, collaboration, advocacy, alignment and integration to improve services
- Provide technical assistance to health care providers to render effective and efficient quality of care to People Living with HIV (PLHIV) and People Affected by AIDS (PABA)
- Mentor health care providers to improve and maintain standard of care through ongoing Care &Support assessment, nutritional assessments, prevention education, disclosure counseling, Positive health, Dignity and Prevention (PHDP), partner notification and testing
- Provide technical support for effective adherence counseling to achieve viral suppression
- Build capacity of health care providers and lay counselors to provide ongoing treatment adherence support in the facility and community
- Coordinate Community ART (cART) services at health facilities and community level
- Plan and coordinate all activities of support group through formation and strengthening of functional and active support groups to improve quality of life for members through peer counseling, stigma reduction activities and Income Generating Activities (IGAs)
- Develop capacity of support group members and health care providers on PHDP activities in the facility and community.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders for wrap around services (Government of Nigeria, Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, Association of Women Living with HIV in Nigeria, Community Based Organizations, and Non-Governmental Organizations).
- Provide technical support to State NEPWHAN to oversee activities of Treatment Support Specialist (TSS), Mentor Mothers (MM), Adherence Counselors, volunteers and support groups.
- Provide technical support to Treatment Support Specialist (TSS), Mentor Mothers and PLHIV (volunteers) to provide quality holistic care to PLHIV.
- Build capacity of PLHIV peer educators to complement PHDP activities of health care providers in the community.
- Forecast and request for Care and Support commodities.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor, Head of Department or Chief Executive Officer.
- B.Sc in Nursing and minimum of Master’s degree in Public Health or other health related field
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming - Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are essential.
- Ability/capacity to develop and design care and support strategic plan, narrative reports and proposals.
- Must have good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Ability to evaluate/analyse data and prepare high quality reports under time pressure and in complex situations.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and in-depth understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to effectively lead, facilitate and participate in discussions and meetings.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of ten years progressively responsible, professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on care and support in PEPFAR funded care and treatment program.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of care and support issues. Understanding of the major issues affecting care support with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of care and support programs in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the "Assistant Director, Human Resources" through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
Click Here for More Information
Note: Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.