IP Engineer at Main One Cable
Posted on: 9 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Job Type: Permanent
- The IP Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network.
Other responsibilities include:
- IP multicast experience
- L2 and L3 MPLS experience
- Providing network solutions.
- Driving the MainOne IPv6 strategy
- Network administration and maintenance.
- Relevant professional/technical certifications
- Ensuring knowledge transfer for level-1 IPNOC.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS OSPF, EIGRP)
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls.
- Exploring existing knowledge base and make recommendation to improve he systems, solutions and processes
- Primarily focus on all level 2 escalated issues from the GNOC for timely (<30mins) resolution with minimal supervision.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Team work
- Relationship Management
- Time & self-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Varying degrees of experience required from 2 – 3 years.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge of networking technologies - TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, proxy etc.
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco and Juniper routers Preferably CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing complex, high performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
Demands of the Job
- There could be a need to travel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Main One Cable
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Manager, Capital Projects at Main One Cable
- Know More About Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- ICLA Officer - (Data Analyst) at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Digital Marketer at eHealth4everyone
- Python Web Developer at eHealth4everyone
- Head, System Operator and Designer at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- IOS Developer at Urban Hive
- Part Time Python Instructor at Urban Hive
- Part Time Full Stack Instructor at Urban Hive
- Mobile Development Instructor at Urban Hive