Finance Officer at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Posted on: 9 October, 2019
Deadline: 15 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The main purpose of the position is to carry out efficient financial management of the projects and Tdh structure in Nigeria, minimizing financial and operational risks and ensuring compliance in terms of Tdh procedures and Donors guidelines.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administration & Finance:
- Treasury management
- Is in charge of Tdh Cash management (Petty cash management, cash advances, payments, regular cash counts, etc...).
- Is in charge of Tdh Bank management (Bank accounts management, checks and transfers management, payments, bank reconciliation, internal transfers, etc...).
- Works in collaboration with the admin coordinator to ensure the expenses are done in accordance with the forecasts and the budget
- Prepare PWAR before admin payment and have them signed by the people in charge before any payment.
- Assure that all PWAR are prepared and signed before any payment.
- Is in charge of Tdh transactions codification in accounting books according to internal procedures;
- Check invoices verify all supporting document and complete codification on a daily basis.
- Organize and file all accounting documents.
- Check Partner list of invoices verify all supporting documents, complete codification.
- Organize and file all supporting documents.
- Adhere to and enforce Tdh administrative regulations and procedures.
- Guarantee that project donor’s procedures are respected.
- Ensure Partner’s good practices and transparency.
- Work in close collaboration with the Partner Admin team by collecting, verifying, analyzing their data and if needed provide appropriate advices and trainings.
- University Degree in Finance,Accounting, Business administration in related field
- Minimal 3 year of experience in finance & accounting management in a large non-profit or corporate multi-cultural environment
- Extensive working knowledge of Nigerian’s employment laws and Nigerian tax issues
- Demonstrated understanding of Finance technical areas:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook and SAGA acknowledge is mandatory
- Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization
- Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Fluent in English and Hossa, Kanuri (written and spoken)
- Alignment with the values, vision and mission of Tdh Knowledge of best practices in child protection
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.
- Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Cashier at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Know More About Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)Similar Jobs
- Junior Accounts and Treasury Officer at WFO International
- Account Officer at Animal Care Services Consult
- Branch Financial Accountant at OPay (Opera )
- Head, Partnership & Collaboration at VFD Group
- Investment Associate at Lidya Nigeria
- Finance & Admin Assistant/Intern at eHealth4everyone
- Senior Accountant at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Bookkeeper at Coinbox Limited