FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Operations Manager
- The Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing and coordinating office operations, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order
- S/He will ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities at Borno State Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the office (as relevant)
- Keeps proper office records/filings as appropriate
- Records minutes of meetings and circulates same
- Supports Operations Manager to coordinate travel details/logistics for staff, consultants including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups. Reconciles records with service providers, prepares periodic reports and payment requests. Supports in vehicle management, fueling and maintenance.
- Supports Operations Manager to coordinate office cleaning, stores and inventory management, supervises third party service providers such as cleaning, courier, cantering vendors, generator maintenance and operations etc.
- Supervises administrative assistants and drivers.
- Assists the Operations Manager in the provision of logistics support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinates all records/storage of supplies for the AENN project in Borno state office.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role with increasing level of responsibility
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is required
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.