Country-Level Finance & Administrative Consultant at John Snow Inc - JSI
Posted on: 13 September, 2019
Deadline: 27 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at John Snow Inc - JSI
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
Country-Level Finance & Administrative Consultant
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Starting Date: 16th September, 2019
- The Child Health Task Force has partnered with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) & the Sonder Collective to support the ministries of health in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Nigeria in re-imagining approaches to technical assistance using human-centered design (HCD), with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation through
- This approach focuses on the needs and motivations of the end users of technical assistance for the development of new model (s) of providing technical assistance that is effective, systematic, and country-driven
- Ultimately, with these re-imagined models to technical assistance (TA), the project aims to enable countries to better implement evidence-based, integrated, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Health Systems Strengthening (MNCH/HSS) interventions in order to accelerate achievement of the Sustainable Development Goal targets of reduced mortality and improved wellbeing in the DRC and Nigeria.
Project activities will take place from 2018-2020 and aim to achieve:
- A deep understanding of barriers and challenges with current technical assistance delivery;
- An exploration of diverse opportunities for future technical assistance delivery;
- A co-designed set of prototypes for future technical assistance delivery; and
- A documented roadmap for the implementation of future technical assistance delivery.
- The project’s Theory of Change (ToC) illustrates that the engagement of the right stakeholders is a precondition to the goal of adoption and acceptance of new models created out of this process.
- The CHTF Junior consultant will provide short-term support to the project team which is comprised of human centered design (HCD) experts, a documentation and evaluation consultant, stakeholder and coordination consultant and JSI advisors
- The consultant will provide administrative and financial support to the project team as needed for the remainder of the program through March, 2020.
The Consultant will work with the project team to:
- Coordinate with the local stakeholder engagement consultant and HQ JSI team;
- Lead in-country logistics and support for meetings, including paying local vendors and participant per diem;
- Assist with the identification and booking of appropriate venue for workshops;
- Support the local consultant to make appointments and conduct interviews with key informants about technical assistance;
- Support the planning of 3 workshops with members of the national Child Health technical working group (CH TWG) and selected stakeholders (e.g. major donors in CH at national and state level); and
- Support the facilitation of our work with the MOH, national CH TWG, and CH TF to implement the new technical assistance model and document the approach(es).
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Prior administrative and finance program experience
- Experience in child health programming and knowledge of Nigeria health system and partners
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Language: English.
- Commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to John Snow Inc - JSI career website on www.jsi.com to apply
- Know More About John Snow Inc - JSISimilar Jobs
- HR/Admin Manager at Masters Ville Children School
- PA to the School Head at Masters Ville Children School
- Account/Finance Manager at Micromoney International
- Internal Control Manager - Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
- Development Coordination Officer, Partnerships And Development Finance, P4 at UNODC - The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Manager, Budget and Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
- Managing Director at KPMG
- Financial Operations Manager at KPMG