Chief Nursing Officer (Specialist Hospital) at Sunrose Consulting
Posted on: 13 September, 2019
Deadline: 20 September, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Sunrose Consulting
Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client is a government owned specialist hospital in the South-South region of Nigeria. With state-of-the-art medical facilities, patients are guaranteed top-of-the-range health services from seasoned medical practitioners who are conversant with modern trends in medicine and who would deploy Information Communication Technology (ICT) in their operations.
Chief Nursing Officer (Specialist Hospital)
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will oversee and coordinate the nursing unit of the hospital.
- You will ensure the effective delivery of patient care in a safe and efficient manner and develop/implement policies, standards and protocols, and create a nursing environment that fosters collaboration with other health professionals.
- You will advice senior management on best practices in nursing and patient care, nurse recruitment, training, retention and establish performance improvement activities and assessments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participating in the hospital’s strategic meetings to enhance and improve operational performances.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assisting in preparing budget reports by communicating the necessity for new equipment, additional personnel, or other items that directly improve patient care delivery.
- Monitoring job performance and carry out performance appraisal for all nurses.
- Informing all nurses of any new procedure or policy implementations introduced by the Hospital.
- Participating in the interview and training of nurses and other non-licensed personnel.
- Making recommendations to the CEO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary.
- Enhancing operational methods and providing optimal patient care by maintaining open communication with staff.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree from an accredited college or university. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) is an advantage.
- You must have a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in the health sector, part of which must have been in a senior nursing position within or outside Nigeria.
- Active RN license and RN clinical experience are essential.
- You must be registered with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria with the license to practice.
- Proven record of policy development and implementation is required.
- You must have practical computer skills.
The following skills and personal attributes are required:
- Strong planning, organising, delegation, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritise scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism in handling situations involving patients, physicians, and others staff.
- Commitment and dedication to patient care
- Decisively initiates responses to emergency
- Compassionate with a positive disposition.
- Not easily distracted.
- Strong leadership qualities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
- Recent Jobs from Sunrose Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Executive Officer at Sunrose Consulting
- Chief Medical Officer at Sunrose Consulting
- Know More About Sunrose ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Junior Resident Doctor (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) at Garki Hospital Abuja (GHA)
- Junior Resident Doctor (Paediatrics) at Garki Hospital Abuja (GHA)
- ALS Doctor at Rescue Technologies Limited
- Consultant for External Mid Term evaluation of Norwegian Church Aid’s (NCA) Humanitarian Program to Peoples of Concern in Borno, Nigeria 2017-2019 at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Quality Focal Person at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Laboratory Surveillance Specialist at ICAP