Reports To: NUTRITION PROGRAM OFFICER/STATE TEAM LEAD
Support the implementation of a multi-pronged nutrition education; school gardening and physical education program appropriate for primary school children and integration into the existing curriculum.
Support the project’s engagement with teachers, Parents Forum (PF) members and other stakeholders to explore a variety of key information areas including (i) relevant lifestyle attitudes and practice, (2) ways to activate parental involvement, (iii) ways to integrate healthy eating and food choices, WASH, nutrient-rich food production and active play and physical education into existing school curricula (including development of lesson plans, learning aids, visual reminders, etc.).
Support the conduct of routine supportive supervision to observe and support teachers on the implementation of the nutrition education; school gardening and physical education programme in the intervention schools.
Planning and Documentation
- Support the development and quarterly review of the projects’ annual work plan, budget and detailed implementation plan (DIP) tracker.
- Support the Finance and Admin Officer in the coordination of all financial, administrative and logistics functions related to the nutrition and healthy lifestyle project in Lagos in accordance with agreed protocols and policies.
- Document the implementation of the projects activities.
- Support the implementation of TOT and stepdown trainings on Nutrition education, gardening and active play and the use of lessons plans and learning modules for teachers and PF members to use in and out of the classroom
- Support the training of teachers from each of the projects intervention schools on counselling and problem-solving skills to enable the teachers and parents identify specific, actionable changes children and their families can make to improve nutrition, food production, and active play.
Awareness Creation and Stakeholder engagement
- Support the implementation of a strategy to raise awareness of the importance of adequate nutrition and active lifestyle.
- Support the engagement of volunteers from the Parents forum and School Based Management Committee (SBMC).
- Support communications with representatives of the PF and SBMC to identify project champions who can volunteer their skills, time and interest in the project.
- Support the programme officer to recognize appropriate incentives and/or ways to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the project.
- Prior experience in a health/nutrition intervention programme.
- Basic understanding of multi sectorial approaches to tackling malnutrition.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive programming.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft office word, Excel and PowerPoint soft wares
- Proficiency in Basic Data Analysis.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested persons should send comprehensive resume with a cover letter as ONE MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
using the position title and location as the subject of the email. You will receive an auto response confirming your application. Note that applications will not be accepted after 5pm on Wednesday September 18th 2019.