IT Service Desk Officer at Main One Cable
Posted on: 12 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
IT Service Desk Officer
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Number to Hire: 2
- The IT Service Desk Officer will provide high quality systems support for the various departments in MainOne and will be responsible for managing and resolving all IT related issues/queries and will also play an active role in IT implementation activities.
Other responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Set-up and install computer hardware and software including disk, tape, printers, modems, and related peripherals.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on computer hardware including backup, recovery and equipment cleaning.
- Train users on computer hardware/software and other electronic office equipment.
- First level selection and design of the hardware and, network and software necessary to operate and improve Main One’s information management system.
- Manage the company’s administrative network i.e. network accounts, email accounts website access account, remote access account.
- Monitor operational performance and troubleshoot system problems. Isolate the cause of system failures.
- Research, evaluate and purchase new hardware and software to meet the company’s requirements computers, and other electronic office equipment.
- Design, install, support and integrate centralized and distributed network hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of internal licenses, overseeing updates and tracking compliance.
- Responsible for logging all IT problems and resolutions, and liaising with the external support company.
- Providing input into the IT strategy and annual IT budget.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems; research products and enhancements and their applicability to Main One’s needs.
- Inducting new employees on IT system
- Aside the primary helpdesk functions, you will interface with the Technical and Application units regarding testing and understanding of new applications before deployment to users
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current Anti-Virus definition while also following up with systems without current definition. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
- Monitor server event before they become incidents. Monitor unauthorized/unlicensed installation of application using spiceworks. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to multi-task efficiently without compromising on quality
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required and meet tight deadlines.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- ITIL qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 3 - 5yrs work experience in related field
- B.Sc/HND in IT / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
Skills & Competencies:
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Analytical Thinking
- Self management skills
- Technical Support Proficiency
- Professional and Good Work Ethics
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- Ability to communicate in French will be an added advantage (Both written and oral communication in French)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
- Know More About Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Network Engineer at Access Solutions
- IT/Corp Member Placement at Attainables Edutainment Limited
- Freelance Web/Mobile App Developer at ZOCODE Limited
- Network Design Management Officer at Lightning Networks
- Senior GIS Analyst at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Operations Manager (Service Delivery Manager) - Pipeline at Tek Experts
- Full Stack Developer (Intern) at Vasiti Dotcom
- Mobile App Developer at Gatatransport Limited