The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) in Ondo State, Nigeria: As the first specialized University of Medical Sciences in Nigeria, its mandate is to advance high level excellence through teaching, innovative research, and service delivery in all health sciences disciplines.
The Governing Council of the University is inviting suitably qualified and highly motivated candidates with sufficient academic and administrative experiences to apply for the position below, which will soon be vacant:
- The Bursar shall be the Head of the Bursary Department of the University. The candidate for this position is expected to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the operations of the financial system of the University.
- He/She shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-today financial administration of the University.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have, in the past, exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of Bursary/financial administration and management.
- The candidate must be in good health and able to endure the rigour of the duties of the University Bursar.
- Also, applicants must possess the following qualities: vision, proven academic distinctions, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- In addition, candidates should be able to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect. cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Applicants must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT driven Bursary, working at the highest level of efficiency to promote and sustain a vibrant Bursary and eliminate time wasting, bureaucracy, bottlenecks and fraud.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a B.Sc. degree (Hons) in Accounting with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MBA or M.Sc. in relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- In addition, candidate must be a full member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or ANAN.
- The candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in a University system or comparable Institution of higher learning, five (5) of which must have been at a Management position.
- Furthermore, he or she must have attained the position of a Deputy Bursar in a University’s Bursary Department or equivalent Institution.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Intending applicant should not be more than sixty (60) years of age by October 1, 2019.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a University Bursar of Public Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the State Government and the University Governing Council as appropriate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) sets of the application, consisting of the Application Letter, copies of academic and professional certificates, copy of birth certificate and Curriculum Vitae, that provide full personal details including:
- Full name,
- Place and date of birth,
- Qualifications, Experience,
- Detailed list of publications,
- Fellowship awards, research grants and other funding support attracted (and their values)
- Names and contact details of three (3) referees and any other relevant details.
All applications should be sent and addressed to:
Secretary to Council,
University of Medical Sciences,
Laje Road, Ondo City,
- The applicants are to include short statements of not more than 1000 words (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for the University.
- All references from referees should be forwarded directly to the same address before the deadline date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted