Ship Captain at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 11 September, 2019
Deadline: 20 September, 2019
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria
Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited, a company in haulage industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- You must maintain all on-board equipment, including machinery, engines and safety equipment with regular inspection.
- The Ship Captain must navigate vessels using maps, radars and lights by the use of electronic devices and the following of contour lines.
- Monitor daily progress of the vessel, observing speed, engine pressure and water depths, and signaling any passing ships is a key part of a Ship Captain’s role.
- You must adhere to any budgets and the purchasing and loading of fuel, supplies and equipment is your responsibility,
- The Ship Captain must also maintain full knowledge of the cargo carried by the vessel and answer any queries from customs officials.
- The Ship Captain must conduct his crew in their tasks, monitoring the performance of licence and unlicensed crew.
- Operate and maintain engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and life preservers.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
- Inspect vessels.
- Set courses and determine speeds using charts, plotting sheets, sextants, and compasses.
Minimum Qualification Required
- A minimum of 3 years sailing experience
- Candidates must be able to open tidal channel.
- A minimum of University Degree or equivalent from a recognized University. Applicant is also required to hold any qualifications associated with the operation of a vessel.
- You must be a licensed mariner with experience as a Port Captain, Cargo Planner or other Maritime experience.
- A Ship or Boat Captain must have in-depth knowledge of cargo storage, vessel maintenance and navigation.
- There is a strong likelihood of extended stays away from home port and travels to many different global locations, so the Ship or Boat Captain must be prepared for long periods of travel away from home.
- The Ship or Boat Captain must have strong man-management skills as the role is centred on the efficient coordination of crew members and the maintaining of a satisfied crew who are in line with company requirements.
- To be successful as a Ship or Boat Captain in Maritime, you must be organised and have a strong eye for detail, able to find any reason why the vessel may not be seaworthy or any machinery would be dangerous, or to deal with any problems effectively in open sea.
- You must be proficient in any software on the vessel, able to use it day-to-day or in an emergency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Know More About Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Admin. Program and Logistics Coordinator at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Logistics Officer at RTI International
- Supply & Logistics Associate at UNICEF
- Nigeria Logistics and Procurement Coordinator at One Acre Fund
- Logistics Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Parking Lot Attendant at Complete Parking Services (CPS) Limited
- Supply Chain Manager at Excel Professional Services Limited
- Senior Logistics Officer, Construction at Medecins Du Monde