Legal Officer (Contract) at Doheney Services Ltd
Posted on: 9 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Doheney Services Ltd
Doheney is an international HR consulting firm providing business services in Europe & Africa.
Legal Officer (Contract)
Duration: 3 – 5 months (Renewable)
Job Type: Contract (Fixed Term)
Experience - Minimum of 5 years
Location - Ikoyi, Lagos
- Law Degree from a recognized University.
- Qualified to practice Law in Nigeria (i.e. BL)
- At least 5 years post call to bar
- Experience in a law firm, Marine Logistics, EPCI, Power & Energy Industry, Infrastructure, Oil and Gas will be an added advantage.
- Completion of NYSC is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of the laws of the Federal Republic Nigeria and regulations, corporate/commercial law as well as company law and secretarial practice
- Working knowledge in Marine Logistics, EPCI, Power & Energy Industry, Infrastructure, Oil and Gas will be an added advantage
- Reasonable litigation background
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify legal challenges, analyze them and propose legal solutions.
Duties will include:
- Contract Management
- Review, draft and negotiate low risk commercial agreements
- Take lead on requests to draft and/or review lease agreements, deeds and other low risk property documentation
- Drafting and review of Agreements, including Technical Manpower Services Agreement, EPCI Agreements, Purchase and Sale Contracts, Subcontract Agreement, Engineering Frame work Contracts, Consortium Agreements, and Technical Services Agreement.
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice and support to the various companies within the Company.
- Ensure the legal department and the company is updated on applicable legal and regulatory requirements by providing support and advice on laws, regulations and rules.
- Liaise with external solicitors working on the matters for company and its subsidiaries including litigation matters and other transactions.
- Giving prompt legal counsel and advice on all legal matters relating to business ventures, activities, relationships, projects and operations.
- Attend meetings with private and public organization/clients.
- Provide support on assignment or take lead on assignment as they are assigned.
- Assist in organization and administration of the legal department
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations
Method of Application
Candidate should send Cvs to: email@example.com
- Know More About Doheney Services LtdSimilar Jobs
- Company Secretary/Tender Compliance at Rotawn Energy & Logistics Services Ltd
- Legal Manager at Carlcare Development
- Lawyer at Paykobo
- Legal Extern (NYSC) at Zuriel Consulting
- 2019 Legal Internship Program at World Bank
- Legal Officer at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Principal Officer, Legal and Law Enforcement - P5 at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Legal Associate at Jade & Stone Solicitors