The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
Senior HR and Admin Officer
Requisition ID: req6229
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Recruitment and On-boarding:
- Initiate and coordinate all the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Coordinate with recruitment team to ensure tracking report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis
- Liaise with hiring managers to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in all IRC offices;.
Training & development:
- Coordinate staff trainings in accordance with the Learning and Development Plan; monitor and track all IRC sponsored trainings, ensuring all stall fill out training bonds, feedback reports and all related training documents in total compliance with IRC’s policies and procedures.
- Support staff learning by creating innovative ways of encouraging on line learning for all staff
- Coordinate training courses for employees as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for all staff in coordination with the other field HR leads
- Coordinate staff welfare management initiatives across the field sites in collaboration with other field HR Leads
- Maintain the HR Data Base in all field offices and regularly update employee information.
- Maintain an accurate and timely employee filing system.
- Conduct an annual HR personnel file audit for the country program and ensures total compliance with HR records and propose recommendations for action point in all field offices and report to the HR Manager
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking system for both national and international staff and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Produce HR semiannual and annual reports and share these with senior management, HR Manager. Information in these reports will include general HR information such as turnover statistics, success stories, new projects/ initiatives that are underway, per the IRC Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Process all termination paperwork for all staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture in the country program.
Other Human Resource Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Read , review and become knowledgeable with Nigeria Labor laws and inform the Senior HR team of new developments
- Perform other related duties as required by the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator ,Field Coordinator and SMT
Min Required Experience:
- 2 year(s) in similar position
- Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage
- HR Certification will be desirable
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenge
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: HR Manager
- Position directly supervises: HR Officer and Admin Officer
- Indirect Reporting.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.