The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation. We provide assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Radio Operator (CMC Technical Assistant) - Maiduguri (Nigerian Nationals only)
NRC is looking for a Radio Operator for Centre for Monitoring and Communications for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Radio Operator (CMC Technical Assistant) is to implement CMC activities in Maiduguri and support the implementation of CMC activities in the field offices
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Radio Operator (CMC Technical Assistant) reports to the Team Leader Centre for Monitoring and Communication (CMC).
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor all NRC movements in Borno State, including travels across mission filed office in the North East, and other parts of Nigeria
- Ensure proper collation and storage of Information
- Ensure that all NRC CMC users comply with proper communications procedures
- Monitor open source channels (TV, radio, social media, etc) collate and store relevant information and update the CMC Team Leader and Security Team accordingly.
- Receive Staff Feedback Forms and collate information for daily follow up by Team Leader
- University Degree in any field, preferably in Security Management
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri, knowledge of other local languages in Borno State is an added advantage
- Experience with start-up communications room
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We can offer
- Commencement: January 2018
- Duration: 3 Months (Renewable
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of Grade level 4 Step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An Approved Medical certificate of fitness will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) career website on 2703252956.webcruiter.no to apply