Head, Revenue Mobilization Monitoring & Assurance at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Posted on: 4 September, 2019
Deadline: 11 September, 2019
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Head, Revenue Mobilization Monitoring & Assurance
Reporting To: Chief Commercial Officer
- To ensure effective strategies are put in place to ensure optimal collection activities.
- To ensure adequate measures are put in place to guard against commercial losses and detect potential revenue leakages / irregularities
- Plan, allocate, co-ordinate and monitor revenue collection across the business.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative strategies that ensure revenue and collection targets are met.
- Introduce quantifiable revenue/ collection monitoring mechanisms around the business.
- Identifies areas with high financial leakages and design appropriate strategies to enhance billing and collection operations – minimizing commercial losses.
- Sets and meet agreed revenue protection targets and goals while maximizing cash collection and developing intelligence that will enhance theft detection.
- Works with relevant department to develop revenue protection processes and procedures to guard against potential commercial losses.
- Carries out periodic Quality Assurance (QA) on revenue protection processes and recommends improvement opportunities.
- Reviews I. E’s revenue vis-à-vis energy supplied to BUs.
- Prepares periodic reports on potential process gaps (revenue leakages) and improvement opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure strategies are in place to recover energy loss. Track recovery of Loss using the designated template.
- Perform assurance test on energy shared across feeders, Business Units and Undertakings
- Perform Quality Assurance on Revenues Billed across business units
- Oversee the formulation and Review of Standard Operating Process within the entire revenue value chain
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department / COO/ CEO of the Company
- Bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines - Accountancy, Banking & Finance or other numerate discipline
- At least 15 years relevant work experience, from related sector/ organization with at least 7 years in a senior management role
- A master’s degree in Business (ideally with a concentration in general management) is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of data / business analytics and the ability to use statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest area for and methods of improving operations.
- Deep knowledge of Utilities Industry
- Strong understanding of the business of I.E and related businesses in the electricity sector.
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong managerial/administrative skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply
- Know More About Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- Financial Accounant at Zuriel Consulting
- Junior Accountant at Montaigne Place
- Country-Level Finance & Administrative Consultant at John Snow Inc - JSI
- Forex Trader at CITITRUST Development Partners Plc
- Business Intelligence Officer at First Bank
- Finance Manager at Palladium Group
- Accountant at Technology Advantage Network Limited
- Accountant at The Laundry Box Limited