Account & Corporate Finance Manager at Brookstone Property Limited
Posted on: 3 September, 2019
Deadline: 17 September, 2019
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at Brookstone Property Limited
Brookstone Property is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
Account & Corporate Finance Manager
- We’re looking for an organized and goal driven Account & Corporate Finance specialist to join our growing team at our company. The candidate will work closely with other operations personnel and be responsible for the day-to-day handling of the company’s accounts, cash flow, investments and financials. We’re an energetic company and we are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and bring strategic value to our finance team.
- The candidate will provide accounting support including preparing accounts, statements, and payments, and will provide corporate finance support by leading treasury strategy, investment raises, and financial forecasting and valuations.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the Finance Department and help the company grow its financial strength, controls, and prowess in order to ensure long term financial health and success.
- Play an active role in the finance analysis and valuation by developing high-quality financial models
- Work closely with the corporate finance management and key stakeholders in long-term strategy formation, revenue budget setting processes, and the identification of new opportunities for the business
- Liaise with the legal team in ensuring that financial transactions executed across the business are in compliance with state legislation and business policies
- Identify revenue generation opportunities for the business by identifying potential clients and investors
- Responsible for defining the appropriate liquidity quantum that the business should maintain and the composition
- Define appropriate capital structures for business arrangements while keeping in mind the business needs, risk management, taxation, accounting, and legal/policy requirements
- Responsible for vendor maintenance on Finance System ensuring compliance to data standards.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, receipts, cheque requests, manual cheques and contract payments.
- Responsible for processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
- Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing of weekly cheque printing.
- Responsible for cheque stock inventory & safekeeping of same.
- Responsible for receivable and debts collection profiling.
- Maintaining all records of business costs – capex and operating expenses.
- Reconciliation of accounts with the general ledger.
- Responsible for cash flow management and reporting.
- Responsible for comparative analysis.
- Provides reports as required by Finance Consultant and management team.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Responsible for maintaining proper books of account and preparing financial statements
- Ensuring the organizations income and expenditure are properly documented.
- Prepare and present the company’s annual account and financial statements
- Review financial reports and documents
- Ensure timely payment of bills
- Recover amount established as being receivable including recovery of VAT
- Liaise with the government authorities in regards to tax filing.
- Assist external auditors during audit.
- Presides over processing and payment of expenditure.
- Manage the company’s finances.
- Formulate and implement the organization’s financial plans and keep up-to-date account records particularly payables.
- Prepare the company’s weekly and monthly budget including payroll, monthly purchases etc.
- Actively involved in educating staff on strategies for minimizing cost.
- Provide monthly updates on budget implementation covering credit and carry forwards commitments, de-commitments, and payments;
- Ensure deposit of all cash transactions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Accounting. (An MSc in Accounting or other related fields will be an added advantage)
- Must have exceptionally good communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Strong Knowledge of Accounting principles and Softwares (Peachtree Sage, Tally
- High Level Audit Experience
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
- Must be conversant with the Taxation System in Nigeria
- ICAN Certified
- At least five years relevant work experience leading a finance/accounting team from the beginning of a financial period to its close
- Must be conversant with most accounting principles.
- Great Analytical skills and Eye for details
- Preferred Years of Experience: 5-10 years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
- Know More About Brookstone Property LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Medical Billing Officer at Inland Specialist Hospital
- Finance Officer, Kano Literacy and Mathematics Accelerator (KaLMA) at British Council
- Bursar at Vincintore Limited
- Head of Risk Management - Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
- Financial Accountant at Digital Marketing Skill Institute
- Accountant at Micromoney International
- Senior Strategy Associate - Mixta at ARM Hold Co.