Group Managing Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 3 September, 2019
Deadline: 20 September, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is one of the first insurance companies in Nigeria and is recognized for efficiently managing Human, Financial and Technological capital to meet stakeholders expectations.
Group Managing Director
Reference Number: 130-PEO01103
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
The Group Managing Director (GMD) will provide group-wide strategic leadership and management oversight across the Group in line with the strategic business plan. He will:
- Direct the Group activities effectively and efficiently in line with the Board and regulatory guidelines to ensure stakeholders’ satisfaction and optimal returns to investors
- Take full ownership of the financial performance of the Group, with all its subsidiaries, and provide periodic update on it to the Board
- Improve the financial standing of the subsidiary companies and ensure profitable balance sheets
- Guarantee the development of the Group asset management capability
- Create markets and marketing strategies and drive interventions aimed at attracting new businesses and maintaining existing ones from target sectors of the economy, in line with the Group’s strategy.
- Drive the development and implementation of annual operating plans, including operational requirements.
- Move the digital transformation strategy of the Group from current state to reality for continued growth and optimal profitability.
- Develop a viable 3-5 year business plan for the Group (thereby for each subsidiary).
- Establish leading corporate governance, together with a leading digitized platform across the businesses
- Build top quality human capital, starting with the leadership team, and thereafter with the businesses
- Develop leading industry analytics (Actuarial and other) and investor briefings to establish the Group as a front runner in the minds of existing and potential investors.
- Conduct all affairs of the company within a framework determined by its corporate mission, strategies and overall policies.
- A Bachelor's degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
- Possession of additional professional qualifications such as ACA, CII, CFA, are advantageous
- Minimum of 18 years post-graduation experience, of which 10 years must have been in senior management roles, preferably in financial services sector such as insurance and banking.
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters
- Strong business acumen and excellent understanding of sound financial management within a regulated environment
- Demonstrable helicopter view of things and evidence of hands-on track record in core areas
- Knowledge of the investment business and ability to analyze and evaluate asset types, market and industry trends, major issues, and regulatory considerations
- Excellent manager of human and material resources,
- Operates with ease in an ethical, professional and information technology driven environment
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Asset Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Administrative Manager at Tunde Adejumo & Co.
- Administrative Officer at Ralds & Agate
- IT/Front Desk Personnel at Wemimo Ogunde & Co.
- Office Assistant at Wemimo Ogunde & Co.
- Secretary (CEO's PA) at AXA Mansard Pensions
- Delivery Advisor at Alan & Grant
- Chief Executive Officer at Adexen
- Administrative Intern (Corper) at FarmAgric