Senior Manager, Devices at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 30 August, 2019
Deadline: 9 September, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Senior Manager, Devices
Employment Status: Permanent
Department: DATA & VAS Development and Promotions
- Drive the mtnn device strategy covering smartphones & mobile broadband (mbb) devices (mifis, routers, dongles) through partnerships and value distribution channels in the most efficient manner pan-nigeria.
- Drive an increase in shareholder return by ensuring that device strategies, propositions and processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (i.e. grow market share, grow data revenue, increase smartphone penetration, increase active data users, increase ebitda margins, reduce costs, and net subscriber additions).
- Specifically, achieve mtnn’s smartphone and device penetration targets across different customer segments to increase arpu, acquire new customers, and retain existing customers.
- Forecast and budget the total revenue, cost etc. Which leads to net revenue, and assess the profitability on a monthly basis against the forecast.
- Monitor and evaluate market trends and provide competitive insight and bring development ideas/concept papers to the relevant stakeholders to generate positive revenue and differentiate device offerings.
- Develop short and medium-to-long term plans for the unit’s activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate delivery of business objectives.
- Manage project/initiative budget in line with business objectives.
- Review device performance (along all defined criteria) and provide executive management with response actions in keeping in line with set business objective and goals and develop contingency plans as required to address shortfalls or excesses.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and consolidate an overarching mtnn business plan including proffering short and long term views, identifying key drivers for sustainable profits and driving achievement of objectives/targets especially on data.
- Champion contract negotiations where applicable to reduce cost and drive mtnn value creation philosophy.
- Report (device reporting and tracking) on a monthly basis to management relating to progress made vs. Target.
- Close collaboration with relevant stakeholders to increase device penetration.
- Optimization and refinement of the customer journey for new and existing devices on the network
- Servicing and management of the device demands/requirements of other business units within mtn to ensure alignment with overall device strategy and consistency in the onboarding process
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop relationships with mtnn’s internal and external customers
- Manage mtn device specifications, customizations, testing and onboarding process, including the introduction of new device features on the network
- Manage device orders end-to-end including ensuring all necessary documentations and certifications are secured,
- In conjunction with our device partners and procurement, ensure availability of a wide range of devices and adequate stock levels at all mtn touch points
- Development of consumer and retail/channel value propositions for devices
- Identify and evaluate new devices to meet customers demand and develop initial business cases to support new device requirements. Source insights from channel & segments profitability and bi to ensure proper creation & feasibility of offer creation – continuously assess product potential and profitability.
- Lead device launches and relevant special projects in coordination with the internal teams.
- Push development ideas to segment managers regarding product development related special projects like device upgrades, device trade-in, buy back, device leasing etc.
- Manage the reports and progress of the device launched and special projects launched and provide the insight for each projects, which gives the fact for the profit margin on the projects launched and the win-loss analysis against the set forecast.
- Champion the sourcing activity by vendors and partners to identify the best providers in technology and latest devices globally from all odm’s / oem’s.
- Provide operational leadership, define and implement key performance indicators and metrics for operational activities and use these metrics to drive service delivery excellence, and improve overall performance of the unit.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Coach and mentor the devices team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and deliverables, and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the group culture audit.
- Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation, and business continuity and ensure that the team is led, motivated, and rewarded to achieve high performance areas.
- Deliver business value through partnership with mtnn’s ecosystem partners and customers to enhance mtn’s corporate brand
- Strategic partnerships with original equipment/device manufacturers (oems/odms) to drive mtn’s device market share
- Establishing and maintaining retail partnerships with major device distributors in the market to drive mtns visibility, toma and advocacy in the trade.
- Partnership with financial institutions, oems and other key players to drive device affordability schemes.
- Normal mtnn working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Marketing or a related discipline.
- 9-17 years’ work experience which includes:
- Management track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years experience in telecoms marketing and/or sales
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Experience in device specification development, device supply, device retail/sales, channel development and problem management
- A good understanding of systems, networks and mobile telecoms, mobile applications and mobile devices
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven experience in customer management, market research, marketing strategy development, execution, and performance tracking
- Experience in managing projects.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Manager, Federal Executive Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Intellectual Property And Technology Law at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Commercial Legal at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Credit Management at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Intellectual Property at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Sales Representative at Padoserve Limited
- Marketing Executive at Padoserve Limited
- Van Sales Representative at Padoserve Limited
- Female Business Development Executive at Montaigne Place
- Area Sales Manager at Kayhelt Pharma
- Territory Sales Officer at Lumos
- Account Manager at CISCO
- Sales Executive at Kloverharris Limited