Senior Accountant at SeedStars Academy
Posted on: 30 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at SeedStars Academy
Seedstars - Our client, InvoizPAID Nigeria is a high growth portfolio company of Seedstars, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
About the Job
- Senior Accountant will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information
- The Senior Accountant must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like Xero)
- The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience required.
Who we are looking for
- We’re focused on culture first. We want someone with a soul. Someone who does the right thing. Someone without ego. We’re looking for someone we want to hang out with, laugh with and work with. Social skills are a must.
- We bet on raw talent over tenure. The baseline: candidates need to have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. That said, what we want most is someone that’s hungry. That’s more important to us than years of experience.
- Experience growing and managing employees at an early stage company would be helpful, but not required.
- Prepare end-of-month reports
- Prepare audits, forecasts, and other fiscal planning.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company including daily account reconciliation, cash/treasury management, and internal/external financial & compliance reporting
- Prepare financial reports in accordance with local and regulatory accounting principles and ensure compliance with the accounting Policies (IFRS)
- Support periodic reporting to stakeholders
- Fact-checking invoices for payment and processing
- Processing billing adjustments and refunds
- Handling bookkeeping, including daily bank reconciliation
- Maintaining Loan ledgers and other general ledgers on Xero
- Interfacing with the company’s banking and business partners.
- 3-4 years of proven audit and accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field preferred
- Experience with the Big 4 Audit Firms in large business auditing is a big plus
- Able to analyze financial records and transfer information
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Able to handle high volumes of daily data/information
- Excellent computer skills: experience in accounting software (Xero), Expensify, SAGE, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Why our employees say they love working with us
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centred practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast-growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SeedStars Academy career website on jobs.seedstars.com to apply
- Know More About SeedStars AcademySimilar Jobs
- All On Investment Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Accountant at SOS Children Villages
- Accountant at Efficacy Construction Company
- Head, Financial Services Division at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Accountant at Kayhelt Pharma
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- Senior Admin/Finance Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Accountant/Admin Officer at Owens and Xley