Protection/E-Voucher Officer at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Posted on: 28 August, 2019
Deadline: 5 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
Location: Dikwa, Borno
- The purpose of the position is to support and monitor the implementation of the E-Voucher pilot activities integrated into Child Protection Case Management interventions. The post holder will be in charge of setting-up and rolling out the E-voucher activities, including market analysis, identification and training and regular support to vendors, monitoring and adapatation of the process. He will work closely with Case Work officers and Team leader to ensure a smooth and quality implementation.
- The post holder shall be ready to be mobile and conduct a significant part of his/her work in outreach.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation of E-voucher for case management activities:
- Support in implementing detailed work plans for e-Voucher activities
- Facilitate Community Mobilization and capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the community.
- Work closely with Case Management team on registration of beneficiaries for E-voucher transfer, distribution of e-voucher smartcard and proper monitoring.
- Support M&E team in activities monitoring (market assessments, baseline, endline, post distribution monitoring, price monitoring, focused group discussions, vendor monitoring etc)
- Support and facilitate trainings with vendors on use of devices and other relevant technology, e-voucher program processes, and other topics as appropriate, including Code of Conducts and compliance with program requirements
- Support complaint response mechanism by receiving, recording and reporting complaints from beneficiaries, community leaders and other stakeholders
- Plan and sensitize of beneficiaries on use of e-Voucher mechanism, their rights and benefits.
- Coordinate with vendors on timing of disbursement and mobilize beneficiaries for voucher collection.
- Conduct vendors monitoring to supervise voucher activities, record and report device and smartcard challenges to the Team Leader.
- Ensure that the data base is properly updated and documentation is properly done for all items distributed (delivery notes, supply request order, etc.)
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Coordination and Representation:
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh partners and other key actors
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (programme and support) of Tdh Nigeria
- Participate in fora and meetings held at site level in her/his field of expertise, when relevant and necessary
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Economics, IT or any other related discipline
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in the field of Voucher transfer and monitoring. Previous experience in protection is highly appreciated .
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software
- Other: Knowledge of E-Voucher system and programming. Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria, protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and SGBV).
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards.
- Work in relief or development sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
Method of Application
- Ensure to attach their updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file on or before September 5 2019.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Know More About Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)Similar Jobs
- SILC Consultant at Catholic Relief Services
- Protection Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Program Manager (Trainer) at Catholic Relief Services
- Technical Specialist - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) at Catholic Relief Services
- Finance and Administrative Assistant at fhi 360
- Field Coordinator at Solidarites International
- Community Mobilization Assistant at Save The Children
- Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst at UNDP