Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Nutrition Sector Manager
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job Type: Full Time
Start date: As soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Project Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission:
- Apply the common IYCF and Care Group Model package of guidelines and tools which will be used in WINNN CE for training, implementation and in support of M&E
- Implement in the framework of projects, the mission's Nutrition Security strategy taking into account the key internal and external documents: ACF charter, 2015 international strategic framework, policies (IYCF, MHCP, BCC, CGM etc), position papers (N-H, IYCF, BMS, etc), national strategies and other specific protocols and policies established and approved by the Government of Nigeria (GoN)
Objective 2 - Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of Nutrition projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors:
- Responsible for supervising and quality assurance of all Nutrition activities in the area of intervention.
- ensure the compilation of need/feasibility assessments and related reports. Their reports must be written and transmitted to the STL and Nutrition coordinator
- Participate in the writing of Nutrition-related parts of the proposals (proposal narrative, budget and LFA) as requested.
Objective 3 - Leads projects implementation, monitoring and reporting for Nutrition-Sensitive:
- Fully understand the logical framework and indicators (LFA).
- Ensure the team possess printed copies of all project proposals and related guidelines/tools for implementation (IYCF, CGM or CMAM).
- Support to ensure that agreed technical guidelines and specifications for the implementation of all Nutrition sensitive projects are followed in the course of project execution
- Contribute in the development of work plans for the implementation of all project activities in collaboration and coordination with other sectors; under supervision and guidance of the STL and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Track the implementation of project activities using ACF tools- Activity Progress Report (APR), Budget follow-up and Training Reports.
- Contribute to the Development of Monthly Situation Report (Sitrep) and Technical Monthly Report (TMP).
- Support to ensure that donors and ACF visibility are conspicuous on working sites of all Nutrition-Sensitive projects,
- Support to ensure strict adherence to safety measures/rules for both ACF teams (including daily hired) and the populations/public.
- Support to ensure transparency and accountability measures vis-à-vis the project beneficiaries, by making them participate throughout the project cycle.
Objective 4 - To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area:
- Closely follow-up and ensure engaged relations with government authorities and partners implementing Nutrition sensitive activities in the same intervention area.
- Support the Coordination of ACF's action with other stakeholders working in the intervention area.
- Support capacity building of ACF Nutrition sensitive partners in the area of intervention and the community.
- Where relevant, promote partnerships with local NGOs, including capacity building, at district/provincial/regional level.
Objective 5 - Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of the project's effect/impact:
- Contribute to the definition of external evaluations (opportunities, ToR), support external evaluators (during their mission), and implements recommendations coming out from external evaluations.
- Support M&E teams as needed on the implementation of KAP survey and other related surveys in the program.
Objective 6 - Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development):
- Supervise the Nutrition sensitive teams working a the Local Government Level and ACF Base Office
- Take part actively in the recruitment and the training of staff, in cooperation with the STL and HR administrator
- Lead and support the Evaluation (performance appraisal) of Nutrition sensitive staff and ensure that all staff have planned and completed PAs. Recommend for capacity building and career development milestones.
Objective 7 - Contribute to the mission's capitalization and to ACF communication:
- Ensure the compilation on a soft drive of all essential documents related to N-H projects
- Ensure a compilation on a soft drive of all relevant pictures of Nutrition sensitive projects.
- Contribute to the et up and populating of the ACF Nutrition sensitive database in the mission
Internal & External Relationship
- STL: hierarchical relationship- technical support- exchange of information
- Nutrition Co: technical support
- State Team Leader: line management
- State Primary Health Care Agency (SPHCDA), State Nutrition Officer, SMOH: exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options.
- LGA Team/ HF team/CV: training, supportive supervision, influence of choice on technical option.
- Degree in Medicine, or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to Nutrition sensitive and or training/courses specific to Nutrition sensitive in development context + minimum 3 years work experience
Skills & Experience
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management
- Must be disciplined, able to work autonomously and self learner
- Stronger capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CMAM, Care Group Model, BCC and IYCF programming.
- Experience in the International Non- Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
- Experience with Social Behaviour Change Programming.
Minimum Basic Monthly Salary: NGN 308,589.37.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.