Field Application Specialist (Life Sciences) at Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
Posted on: 27 August, 2019
Deadline: 21 September, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
ICS Outsourcing Limited - Our client is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Field Application Specialist (Life Sciences)
- This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast-paced Leading Science Laboratory Company in Nigeria. This is a Field Based role.
Key Result Areas
Development of marketing strategies and implementation in following areas:
- Provision of on-site application support and training on Life Science products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction.
- Support Sales in the achievement of the orders plan by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Ability to effectively resolve Customers' issues and escalate same where necessary.
- Keeping up to date with product knowledge in line with needed support competencies.
- Business Development - New business
- Business Development - Expansion of sales to existing customers
- Responsible for the provision of on-site scientific application support and training on company products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction
- Support sales in the achievement of the orders plan by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Ability to solve customer escalations effectively
- Responsible for keeping up to date with product and state of the art scientific know how
- Work in line with the Support Competencies.
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of CE and NextGen sequencing and real-time qPCR applications/workflows
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment overview for support of customers, sales and service. Keep up to date with the scientific community
- Train other colleagues on new products/applications as necessary.
- Provide high quality pre-sales support by customer visits, product/application demonstrations, seminars/workshops and sample analysis
- Participate in the organisation and running of these events as required. Feedback to sales & marketing market conditions and product opportunities
- Work effectively with Sales and Service in regional/key accounts of responsibility.
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of telephone support, organization of user meetings and general follow up of customer’s requests
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM from all technical enquiries from customers.
Skills / Experience Required
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Master's Degree or Ph.D in Immunology, Biology, Genetics or Biochemistry, or equivalent experience.
- Requires 4-6 years of previous laboratory experience to include expertise in basic techniques related to Molecular Biology products with related instruments and applications background.
- Hands-on experience of either real-time qPCR and CE sequencing is essential
- Experience of NextGen sequencing would be an advantage
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical
- This includes site pre-qualification, installation and follow-on support for computer-based instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Computer Application Skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Ms-word etc)
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write publications and reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to apply mathematical and statistical analysis to data.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer-facing experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Recent Jobs from Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Service Engineer (Officer Level) at Integrated Corporate Services - ICSL
- Know More About Integrated Corporate Services - ICSLSimilar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Junior Resident Doctor (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) at Garki Hospital Abuja (GHA)
- Junior Resident Doctor (Paediatrics) at Garki Hospital Abuja (GHA)
- ALS Doctor at Rescue Technologies Limited
- Consultant for External Mid Term evaluation of Norwegian Church Aid’s (NCA) Humanitarian Program to Peoples of Concern in Borno, Nigeria 2017-2019 at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Quality Focal Person at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Laboratory Surveillance Specialist at ICAP