Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at AVSF-IRAM-INADES International Consortium
Posted on: 27 August, 2019
Deadline: 1 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at AVSF-IRAM-INADES International Co
AVSF-IRAM-INADES International Consortium - Since early 2018, the AVSF-IRAM-INADES International consortium has been providing technical assistance to the ECOWAS Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food for the implementation of the Support programme for the agro-ecological transition in West Africa (PATAE).
Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Abuja - Nigeria, within ECOWAS Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (Frequent work trips to be foreseen in all ECOWAS member countries)
- This programme was launched with initial funding from the French Development Agency for a period of 4 years. The objective is to support agro-ecological intensification in the sub-region in order to promote the emergence, adoption and dissemination of ecologically intensive and sustainable practices on family farms.To this end, a Project Coordination Unit (PCU) has been set up within ARAA in Lomé. It is currently composed of a coordinator, an administrative manager and a secretary.
- In order to strengthen the Programme Coordination Unit to ensure complementary activities and programme extension, the AVSF-IRAM-INADES International consortium is seeking a Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Monitoring and evaluation and valorisation of the project for the benefit of ECOWAS policies and projects, in conjunction with the rest of the PCU team in Lomé and the national correspondents in the countries
- Adapt the methods of production of references in field projects and monitor the development of capitalizations by project
- Analyze and compile field references
- Support, in conjunction with national correspondents, the implementation of cross-functional capitalizations
- Monitoring the development and results of national policy frameworks
- Identification, implementation and animation of regional consultation frameworks, based on the national themes most conducive to regional consultation and integration Link between field experiences, consultation frameworks and the development of regional public policies in support of the agro-ecological transition
Profile and Skills Required
- Engineer or equivalent (at least 5 years' higher education) (Agronomy, Agroeconomy, environment, socio-economics, international development and project management) with experience (10 years) in monitoring and evaluation and sustainable agriculture
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation in regional multi-stakeholder programmes and mechanisms would be a bonus.
- Proficiency in French and English, read, written and spoken, is essential.
- Good knowledge of computer tools (at least MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint software)
- At least 5 years' professional experience in the field of rural development and programmes directly or indirectly related to the implementation of agro-ecological practices in rural and farming areas is required. Possession of a higher than expected degree reduces the number of years of experience required by 3 years.
- Project duration: 2018-2023
- Contract duration 1 year - renewable until the end of the project
- Contract start estimated date: September 15, 2019
Method of Application
Candidates should send their Application (letter of motivation and CV) in French or English to: email@example.com with the reference "Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer PATAE" as the subject of the mail.
- Know More About AVSF-IRAM-INADES International ConsortiumSimilar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Education Specialist at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Programme Development Coordinator at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Protection Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)