Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Leader - International Trade Compliance
Job ID: 1921077 Posted: Aug 21st 2019
Locations: Hassi Messaoud, Algeria, not limited to other MENAT& SSA countries such as Nigeria, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Angola, Tunisia, Ivory Coast or Morocco
- Offers the opportunity as an experienced Leader - International Trade Compliance to join the team in Hassi Messaoud, Algeria, not limited to other MENAT & SSA countries such as Nigeria, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Angola, Tunisia, Ivory Coast or Morocco.
- This role reports to the MENATI & SSA International Trade Compliance (ITC) Senior Leader and is responsible for supporting the ITC direction the implementing and deploying an industry best practice compliance program across the region. Focus will be placed on process integration of import and export regulations into key business and functional procedures via the corporate ITC Playbook.
- Help the wider ITC group develop and establish direction & corresponding policies & procedures ensuring Trade compliance across the business functions
- Manages analysis of global trade issues such as Country of Origin, Custom Valuation, Export Licensing, and Technology screening
- Sets Trade Compliance requirements for business units & various process owners in adherence with applicable regulatory requirements
- Manages company strategies around audit and training related to area of control
- Drives projects for continuous Compliance improvement/increased efficiency
- Monitor and analyze impact of regulatory changes in regions and advise the business and various stakeholders on how BH will comply with the new regulations
- Lead the implementation of the ITC Playbook in regions
- Conduct training for business and functions in region, in coordination with Product Company ITC leaders, as needed
- Conduct Logistics Providers audits, as required
- Manage compliance audits conducted by external parties such as Customs and other regulatory agencies in region
- Provide M&A support to ITC Integration Leader and Product Company ITC leaders, as needed
- Conduct Trade compliance due diligence and risk assessment of third parties such as customers, vendors and subcontractors
- Coordinate with Logistics in the application of in-country export control licenses for licensable goods when required, in coordination with the classification and licensing (Technical) team.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders on duty savings programs such as FTA, Repair and Return, Customer Master List Program, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law, Business Management, Supply Chain, International Trade or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years International Trade and/or Compliance experience
- 4+ years’ of management / supervisory experience.
- Fluent in English written and oral.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate Qualification
- Good knowledge of corporate compliance programs and culture.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Experience and comfort with technology.
- Effective and diplomatic communicator.
- Demonstrated ability with Customs and/or Export Compliance, in management role.
- Demonstrated ability working with Compliance software (e.g. Trade Collaborator) and/or SAP in management role required.
- French and/or Arabic written and oral.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Baker Hughes career website on careers.bhge.com to apply