Ultimus Holdings is a global investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest is sectors that demonstrates growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
Sales Executive (Paint, Bathrooms and Light)
Reports to: Sales Manager
- You will provide all reasonable forms of assistance including but not limited to
- Product marketing and sales, product promotion and distribution, negotiation of contracts and expansion of customer base, etc for the Sales Manager.
- You are responsible for executing sales strategies with the main aim of increasing the company’s revenue, maximising profit and increasing the market share on the short run. You should be able to source for new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying new markets and business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching, analyzing sales options and arranging meetings with potential customers.
- Selling products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintaining relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Making accurate cost calculations to provide customers with quotations
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement with a view to closing sales
- Attending trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations to represent the employing organization.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- First class consultative sales skills. Excellent understanding of products and benefits.
- Assist in monitoring sales and profit for each product under Ultimus Integrated.
- Sales presentations for clients, showing the success and credibility of the business and its products.
- Give pricing information to the sales manager and assisting him/her in making recommendations.
- Responsible for mapping potential customers and generating leads for the organization.
- Translating sales strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Positively represent the company at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanor
Job Competency and Knowledge Requirements
Action Oriented - Mission Critical:
- Customer Focus - MC
- Timely Decision Making - Very Important
- Technical Learning and Know-How - MC
- Patience - VI
- Negotiation Skills - MC
- Functional and Technical Skills - MC
- Listening - VI
- Time Management - MC
- Organisational Agility - VI
- Self-Development - VI
- Critical Thinking - VI
- Information Technology Skills - VI
To successfully perform the typical tasks and duties of the position, the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities listed below are required:
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Knowledge of project delivery methodology
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple operations effectively
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of employees
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Conducts meetings and provides effective leadership to team members
- Develops and manages budgets within established parameters
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical materials accurately and effectively
- Effective in making objective decisions
- Strong team philosophy
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Preferred Personal Attributes:
- Strong Leadership
- Result Oriented
- Team Player
- High Service Ethic
- Teachability and ability to teach.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a prop where necessary.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. Occasional trips out of the office maybe required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the mail.