The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Consultant II - Capacity Building of NPSCMP Role in Laboratory LMIS Reporting and Data Use on the NHLMIS Platform
Job ID: 13-10794
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports to: Director PSM
- Laboratory logistics management information system is the management of laboratory commodities in a systematic and standardized way by collecting, processing and utilizing timely logistics data to inform quantification, procurement, storage and distribution of laboratory commodities.
- Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) is important for all public health commodity distribution systems.Without LMIS implementation; programs will inevitably waste valuable resources through prolonged and frequent stock outs, overstocks and losses. A well implemented LMIS reduces the likely hood of stock outs and overstocks that can waste scarce resources and lead to product expiration.
- Managing supply chains in support of laboratory services is a formidable challenge. Expanding programs for HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria require strong and supportive laboratory services that depend on the availability of the required commodities to perform critical tests, with most tests requiring multiple commodities to be available simultaneously.
- Thus there is a need to build the capacity of NPSCMP on laboratory LMIS reporting and data use on the NHLMIS Platform to improve laboratory LMIS reporting rate on the NHLMIS platform and data visibility.
- The key objective for the short term technical assistance is to build capacity of NPSCMP on laboratory LMIS reporting and data use on the NHLMIS Platform.
The consultant will:
- Facilitate a 5-day training to build capacity of NPSCMP on laboratory LMIS reporting and data use on the NHLMIS Platform
- Build the capacity of NPSCMP on different equipment platforms and Lab commodities used across HIV, tuberculosis and malaria programs
- Build the capacity of NPSCMP on laboratory LMIS reporting tools.
- Review NHLMIS to ensure that all laboratory commodities are captured across HIV, tuberculosis and malaria programs
- Period: Five (5) work days (within the specified timeline)
- Estimated level of effort: 5 working days
- Build capacity of NPSCMP to improve laboratory LMIS reporting rate on the NHLMIS platform and data visibility
- Comprehensive report of the workshop
- Further recommendation if any
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science, with at least 5years experience in managing laboratory commodities for the use of Health Supply Chain Management System and; have evidence of work done in Nigeria
- S/he must be conversant with Nigeria Health Logitics Management Information System (NHLMIS) and other Logstics Management Information System (LMIS) tools.
- S/he must show proven understanding of key supply chain activities across all public health programs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health - MSH career website on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply