Chief Financial Officer at Babban Gona
Posted on: 23 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Babban Gona
Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
Chief Financial Officer
About the role
- Babban Gona seeks to hire an experienced and highly qualified Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a proven track record of leading and managing finance teams within medium-sized or large dynamic organizations.
- The selected individual is expected to lead our core finance teams of Corporate Finance /Fund Raising, Financial Control & Audit, Treasury & Financial Operations and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- S/he will own the strategic plan for capital raising, deployment and management.
- The individual will also drive the creation and lead execution of a strategic finance roadmap to significantly grow the core business metrics.
- The CFO is a key contributor to BG’s planning process responsible for both financial operations and business scaling.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will also be responsible for all finance systems, controls and processes as well as for recruiting and developing high performing teams.
Finance Strategy and Risk Management:
- As a member of the senior management team, make a key contribution to the formulation of the company’s short and long-term financial strategies to drive business growth.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, managing all the finance activities of BG including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and investor relations.
- Perform risk management by analyzing BG’s liabilities and investments.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government authorities.
- Report risk issues to the finance & audit committee of the board of directors.
- Oversee all operations including but not limited to Corporate Finance, Financial Control, Audit, Treasury & Finance Operations, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Lead and optimize the company’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Drive BG’s financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Optimize cash flow and short-term cash management /treasury operations.
- Provide leadership on managing BG’s accounts including Payables and Receivables.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory tax laws and company policies.
- Work with the team to prepare all regular management accounts, financial reports and provide financial results to the board of directors. Manage all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, suppliers, auditors etc
- Establish and enforce policies, processes and standards across the organization.
- Oversee all the company’s transaction processing systems including but not limited to the Accounting System, Inventory Management System, Business Planning System etc.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned investments and finance operations are aligned with company business objectives.
- Work with team to prepare and monitor operational budgets that meet prevailing company objectives and constraints.
- Hire, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of finance professionals.
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the Finance department.
- Ensure that the organization has strong control systems with clear policy violation guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical Finance positions.
- Partner with business unit leaders and other functional heads to create and execute robust business plans that significantly expand the business to reach our goal of 1 million farmers.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement and control plan for overall business operations, while supporting the finance teams to meet business needs.
- Strong Corporate Finance, Risk Management and Financial Planning expertise.
- Experience working with executive teams, corporate boards and implementing corporate governance frameworks.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible financial management experience in a fast-growing organization preferably in an emerging market and /or agribusiness. (mid 30s) - 8 years solid and detailed 2000 farmers and range of products relatively complex business, not just a smooth client facing person
- Experience with and thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities using a range of financial accounting software and tools.
- Highly analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills and strong business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with an ability to articulate ideas to both finance and non-finance audiences.
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any related field with a recognized professional certificate in Accounting such as CPA, ACCA or ICAN.
- An advanced degree or MBA is highly desirable.
- Experience in tax preparation according to Nigerian laws is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset coupled with an ability to inspire confidence and create trust while working under pressure.
- A passionate, driven individual who achieves results through teamwork and collaborative approaches.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Babban Gona
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Technology Officer at Babban Gona