Supply Chain Coordinator at International Medical Corps
Posted on: 23 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Supply Chain Coordinator
Job ID: 19-205
Department: International Programs
- The Supply Chain Coordinator will lead IMC’s Logistics and Procurement Department’s operational support structure, committed to provide reliable and timely program activities support in order to achieve efficient services to our beneficiaries.
- The job holder will ensure in strategically steering the country office logs leadership by effectively ensuring SCM standards are practiced, manage Procurement Manager, ensure proper planning is conducted, proper coordination and compliance are met according to Donor/IMC procedures for the country mission in Nigeria (Abuja, Kano in Kano State, Maiduguri and Damboa in Borno State and Gombe State).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Management, Leadership and Representation:
- Ensure new staff receive appropriate inductions on logistics issues.
- Supervise all filing and document management within the logistics department in a systematic, coherent and transparent way as per IMC needs and obligations and donor requirements.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- Ensure the implementation of actions in support of IMC values and policy, including gender and diversity mainstreaming.
- Ensure that the performance of the logistics department is regularly evaluated through a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) system presented to the SMT on a regular basis and leading to the implementation of action plans when necessary.
Planning & learning:
- Maintain an overview of the logistics needs of the Emergency programme.
- Work with programme managers/coordinators to identify logistics needs and develop operational strategies to meet them
- Support managers and proactively get involved in other aspects of programme planning, such as proposal writing, budgeting and procurement planning and staffing needs.
- Undertake short periods of research or project work to document experience and build up institutional learning on logistical aspects of IMC work.
- Assist and facilitate in any new programme set-up by providing support to the relevant field base.
- Made regular support visits and recommendations to project offices.
- Provide to supervisor the technical oversight, and input to manage staff support to, delivery of, and implementation of, all logistics support systems according to International Medical Corps Logistics policies and procedures.
- Supports the development of Procurement Plans by effectively supporting the program teams. Ensure that Procurement Plans related to programs implemented Nigeria are regularly updated, shared, consolidated and integrated in the Country Procurement Strategy of the country mission.
- Ensure that key procurement needs are proactively captured and aligned with the mission's operational strategy, leading to the implementation of strategic contracts in key markets.
- Work with supervisor to provide planning support and advice to those making a procurement request, then process and manage the procurement process (either locally or internationally) in accordance with IMC policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Accountable to ensure the follow-up of international and national orders while keeping all key stakeholders of the Nigeria mission informed of progress and challenges encountered.
- Work with procurement team to ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items. Ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded. Identify, and suggest items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process, and ensure that open and free competition for procurements is adhered too. BPA processes are done according to IMC requirements.
- Work with supervisor to actively engage with freight forwarding agencies, freight handling/clearance agents, and local Customs, to ensure that cargo is managed at all points of the supply chain, and that all tracking and reporting deadlines are met.
- Proactively ensure the tracking of all medical supplies, equipment, material and WFP food, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution to include providing input on the location and negotiation of contracting for storage/warehousing that is secure, well-maintained, and meets health and safe working practice requirements by the team.
- Manage the capture of pipeline information, and the supply chain ensuring that Program staff are well-informed and well-prepared for incoming goods and material.
- Ensure timely reporting on stock status, to help Program staff with planning of stock replenishment and that tracking through to the end-user has occurred. And/or advise and support Program staff to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of supervisor, donors, IMC, and project partners.
- Ensure proper fleet management is practiced relating to transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are insured, asset managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicles internal equipment (tools, comms., etc.) are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly managed, and logged and recorded. Liaise with security personnel on security-related transport issues, such as booking in/out, satellite phones, etc.
- Support supervisors to manage all matters logistics regarding satellite communications and radio communications to ensure that equipment’s are insured, asset managed diligently, operated in the most cost-efficient manner, and maintained appropriately.
- Work with supervisor to capture, plan and regularly update preparedness reporting for the logistic systems in place at the mission. Work to ensure that logistic systems are robust and flexible enough to cope if a crisis occurs to include assessments of airports, transport available, warehousing, access routes, fuel availability, field communication issues, staffing challenges, training required etc.
- Contribute weekly and monthly report, Quarterly logistics reports to the in-country management team, and Global logistics pursuant with IMC policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws
- Ensure that the procurement and disposal of commodities, especially those subject to US Export Compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly, and, recorded appropriately.
- Manage all staff you supervise with integrity and foresight, and in accordance with HR procedures and policies to ensure that they maintain the highest standards of accountability and professionalism.
- Make frequent site visits to where staff supervised by you are working, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered.
- Ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and/or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Provide input to the recruitment, selection and performance of logistics staff, as required.
- Responsible for the right sizing of the logistics department by ensuring that an analysis of workloads, workflows and segregation of responsibilities is carried out on a regular basis leading to the development of a well-founded and relevant staffing plan.
- Advocate and plan for professional development for expat and national staff determine training needs for staff supervised by you.
- Proactively engage with supervisor, and key staff (CD, Program, Finance, Medical Coordinator) on all matters logistic to assist with ensuring that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for logistical staff and logistical support mechanisms
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with regional IMC logistics teams and logistics manager colleagues, and logistics managers from other organizations to ensure appropriate links for interagency logistics coordination.
- Where directed, proactively engage with donors, Logistics Clusters, local government, project partners, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations in order to manage the distribution of goods and materiel as, well as to ensure adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Provide input, and deliver where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
Code of Conduct:
- It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or relevant field of work.
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, asset management, etc.)
- Evidence of management of logistics systems. Evidence of 3 to 4 field deployments; 2 to 3 humanitarian emergency deployments and 3 to 4 international deployments; minimum 6 weeks in length.
- Evidence of the ability to plan for, and conduct training in all areas of logistics for national and international staff (suitable to staff knowledge level). Some record of experience with donor specific procedures.
- It is desirable that experience is supported by study by academic study, such as completion of the Certification in Humanitarian Logistics.
- Experience of the provision of support to the management of budgets and the ability to provide input to the timely, complete and accurate reports.
- The commitment and some demonstrated training skills to build national staff capacity, in the areas of supply chain management.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills, with an analytical approach
- Good interpersonal, management, and leadership skills. Evidence of ability to work in a participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural teams
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
- Negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Office 365, PAMS, Sharepoint (minimum requirement).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from International Medical Corps
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Consultant - EASE at International Medical Corps
- Know More About International Medical CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Warehouse Officer at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Warehouse Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Stock Keeper at Owens and Xley
- Procurement Officer at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
- Outbound Officer (Warehouse) at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Inventory Management Supervisor at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Event Warehouse Assistant Manager at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Store Keeper at Blue Lodge Catering Limited