Forensic Computer Analyst/ Forensic Investigator at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Posted on: 23 August, 2019
Deadline: 6 September, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
Forensic Computer Analyst/ Forensic Investigator
Unit: Business Development Unit
- Your role as a forensic computer analyst will be to investigate data breaches, security incidents and criminal activity. You could be working for the police or other law enforcement agencies, or for a specialist computer forensic company or investigative team.
- Functionally Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
- Administratively Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
- Internal Customers: All staff
- External Customers: Clients and Professional Bodies.
- Use a range of forensic tools and software to extract and analyse data.
- Deal with highly sensitive or confidential data or images, depending on the type of case you are investigating.
- Secure a system or device so it cannot be tampered with.
- Recover damaged, deleted or access hidden, protected or encrypted files.
- Unlock digital images that are locked to hide the identity of a place or person.
- Examine data from mobile phones and satellite navigation systems to trace people or places.
- Follow electronic data trails to reveal links or communication between individual or groups.
- Collect information and evidence in a legally admissible way.
- Write technical reports based on your findings and, if required, give evidence in court as an expert witness.
- Present findings of on-going incidents to other members in the investigation team, law enforcement agencies and clients.
- Keep up to date with evolving cyber-crime methods and developments within the digital forensics field.
- Undergo security checks and vetting procedures.
- Work to relevant is accreditations.
Qualifications & Experience
- A good first degree in IT or Computer Science.
- Computer forensic analysts must be familiar with standard computer operating systems, networks and hardware as well as security software and document-creation applications.
- You must have expertise in hacking and intrusion techniques and prior experience with security testing and computer system diagnostics.
- You are expected to have excellent analytical skills, to be highly conscious of details and to be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Must have understanding of information systems security; network architecture; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; electronic mail systems, Microsoft Office applications; intrusion tools; and computer forensic tools.
- Experience conducting security assessments, penetration testing, and ethical hacking.
- Must be able to conduct exams on compromised computers and servers.
- Must be proficient in conducting live analysis on networks, and multiple platforms is desired.
- Must possess the ability to articulate in written and oral communication.
- Must be very detail-oriented and must be able to interact with other staff and clients, in person or by phone.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are vital.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Great investigative Skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.
- Recent Jobs from Alfred & Victoria Associates
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- IT Network Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Network Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Know More About Alfred & Victoria AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Software Developer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Pre-Sales Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Senior IT Support Officer at Elkris Foods
- IT Officer at Creative Associates International
- Junior/Mid-Level Developer at AGL Consulting Ltd
- Web Developer at Sahel Capital
- Verification Officer at Creative Associates International