Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Summary & Purpose
- Administering procurement functions, such as sourcing and buying to ensure timely and cost effective acquisition of equipment’s or materials.
- Report to whom: Deputy Manager Procurement
- Internal Relationship: All Staffs
- External Relationship: Vendors/Contractors
- OEM Representatives
- To source for all equipment and materials required by the company.
- To buy all materials required by the company in her daily operations.
- To carry out his function within the limit of the company’s procedure and guidelines of procurement.
- Identify potential sources of equipment and materials required by the company.
- Sends out request for quotations (RFQs).
- Generate vendor selection list.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best price over purchases.
- Chart bids and analyses same.
- Prepares EXCOs and LPOs for approved requisitions.
- Ensure strictly adherence to HSE policies and procedures and that safe work methods applied.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by your supervisor/line manager.
Key Performance Metrics
Accuracy of MRF specifications:
- Appropriateness of vendor selection list.
- Timely issuance of Request for Quote.
- Precise evaluation and analysis of vendor quotes and bids (minimum of 3 quotes).
- Generation of Purchase Order, maximum of 24hours upon receipt of fully approved MRF of EXCO.
- Ensure Purchase Order accuracy - right quantity and right product.
- Closure of MRF to LPO maximum 10days.Process Compliance/Accuracy.
Quality & Customer satisfaction:
- Ensure supply of materials with quality standards
- Minimal to Zero percentage of material/service rejection
- Minimal to Zero disapproval rate by End-user.
- Minimal to Zero re-work level of MRF’s.
- On-time delivery 24hrs (especially important for strategic supply and 48hrs for other supplies.
- Minimal to Zero default in agreed-upon timeframe for deliveries.
- Exercise of adequate negotiation skills.
- Achievement of substantial discount savings on Requests.
- Consistent reduction on unit costs of direct purchases.
- Effective monitoring and accuracy of records.
- Academic Qualification: Minimum of HND / BSc.
- Professional Qualification: Possession/In pursuit of a professional certification in Purchasing and Supply (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply - CIPS) United Kingdom or Nigerian Chapter.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years Post Graduation and 1 year in Supply Chain.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical skill.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication skill.
- Must be proactive.
- Team work.
- Ability to meet up with deadlines.
- Knowledge of supply and chain management.
- Knowledge of market value and prices.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.