Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
The Pharmacist Assistant is responsible for dispensing of pharmaceutical products according to prescriptions from the clinicians. Her/His responsibilities will include day to day drugs dispensing, maintaining and reporting on consumption and stock records. The Pharmacy Assistant reports to clinical health officer, while working very closely with the Health Outreach Officer. The position is based in Monguno LGA, Borno state.
- Rational drug dispensing and/or medical supplies to patients, as prescribed by the clinician
- Provide patients and their caregivers with adequate information on drug usage, possible side effects and additional advice as appropriate and in adherence to MoH protocols.
- Alert the clinician when inconsistencies of prescriptions are noted in view of patient safety and compliance.
- Participate in continuous medical education program with the IRC health team.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
- Conduct additional tasks as requested by the clinical health officer to assist in the running of the mobile team on day-to-day basis.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the mobile team and with staff at supported health facilities.
- Maintain daily records of drug consumption and drugs stock, and submit weekly reports to the clinical health officer.
- Observe trends in drug consumptions and timely alert the clinical health officer when supplies need to be replenished.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position report to: Nurse/Midwife
- Position supervice: Community volunteers
- Position indirectly report: Health manager
- College Diploma in Pharmaceutical sciences
- Must be registered with relevant licensing bodies and allowed to practice in Nigeria
- At least 1 year work experience in drugs and medical supplies management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of drugs and medical supplies regulations of Nigeria
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- NGO work experience is an advantage
- Should be able to use Microsoft Office especially MS-Word, Excel
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken ); Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Additional qualities: team worker, be flexible , and adaptability to transitions.
SPECIFIC SECURITY SITUATION/HOUSING
The security situation in the NE continues to be volatile at level 3 (orange). security level as it’s one of the three states of emergency (SoE) in the NE of the country. The candidate should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability