The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Field Security Officer
Locations: Borno and Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in identifying, analyzing, and mitigating risk to the USAID Activity in Adamawa and Borno States to ensure that the Activity operates within acceptable risk levels
- Collate, analyze and disseminate security information as approved or advised by the CoP or Head, IITA Security Unit to staff and ensuring the information remains accurate and neutral
- Assist to conduct security risk assessment of program locations in Adamawa and Borno using the standard Security Risk Assessment (SRA) & Security Level tool and to monitor the contextual trends prior to and continuously after deployment of staff
- Contribute to the development or review of security standards operating procedures
- Work closely with Activity Managers to ensure that safety and security standards within the offices are maintained and implemented in line with the assessment reports and conduct security and safety training
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Criminology, Public Relations or a closely related field from an accredited
- University with at least 5 years working experience in a similar position especially in the
- Northern part of Nigeria. The ideal candidate must have strong security training experience.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be vigilant, honesty and integrity
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.