The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Locations: Borno & Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide technical support to small and medium scale processors on processing and utilization
- Conduct Training of Trainers workshops and demonstrations for households on the development, processing and utilization of diverse and nutrient dense crops products
- Conduct trainings on nutrition education and WASH
- Promote the preparation, utilization and consumption of diverse and nutrient dense crops and promote them among smallholder farmers
- Promote consumption of nutrient dense crops
- Undertake nutrition campaigns in the relevant State to reduce malnutrition among farm households
- Work with non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations to disseminate technologies on legumes processing and utilization of different location specific crops
- Maintain correspondence and linkages with community-based organizations and women groups and contribute to writing reports
- Assist in planning, implementing, and monitoring of state activities on food and nutrition
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- A post-graduate degree in Nutrition, Food science/Technology, or related field with minimum of five (5) years professional experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent understanding of issues related to food and nutrition in the relevant states
- Have ability to work under minimal supervision and with tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Have ability to travel extensively within the relevant state and work long hours
- Have ability to communicate fluently in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.