The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare the Annual Procurement Plan of the Activity using inputs from Activity Experts
- Undertake preparation of bidding documents under the IITA Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare and process purchase orders and documents
- Source, select, and negotiate with suppliers for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries, and services
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers
- Promote good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, and whole life costing
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system
- Execute and monitor all regular purchasing duties
- Coordinate with end-users and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for the Activity
- Prepare relevant inputs to standard bidding documents, such as TORs, specifications and Bills of Quantities;
- Participates in the bidding/tendering processes for the procurement of works, goods and services following USAID and CG Procurement Rules and Procedures as applicable
- Prepare all procurement records to facilitate post-procurement reviews
- Keep and maintain up-to-date procurement records in line with USAID requirements
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- B.Sc/HND in Public/Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or related fields from an accredited university with proven track record and/or specialized training in procurement with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a procurement officer in a multilateral donor funded project or program with a procurement authority.
- CIPSM, ACA or other relevant professional qualification is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Demonstrate ability to plan and co-ordinate, and monitor own work plans, including meeting of set deadlines
- Be able to speak Hausa Language
- Be self-motivated with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Have computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office tools
- Be an excellent team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Be proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines
- Have working knowledge of USAID and/or CGIAR procurement rules and procedures will be added advantage
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is desirable.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.