The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Technical Field Officer
Locations: Borno & Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Contribute to capacity building of input dealers and Agrochemical companies, extension agents, volunteer extension facilitators and community seed producers
- In consultation with Senior System Agronomist, they will be responsible for advising on the technical aspects of the agricultural activities including mechanization
- Link smallholder farmers to aggregators, processors, and markets
- Work closely with the Program Officers to oversee all aspects of implementation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- B.Sc/HND in Plant/Crop Science, Agriculture, or related field with minimum of five (5) years professional experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of field/operations and evaluation as well as data collection and analysis
- Have ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in Hausa and English language
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft tools
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.