Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Security and Access Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
General Description of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Country Director (CD), you will analyze security trends, advise, update and implement ACF’s Security Management Plan
- You will also streamline humanitarian access approaches in line with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs and ACF’s strategy in country.
Safety and Security Management Planning:
- Provide technical support to the CD on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity;
- Evaluate, review and support the updating of the Security Risk Analysis and associated security management plans for the mission;
- Collaborate with the CD and the Area/Field Coordinators to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans.
Humanitarian Access Management:
- Develop ongoing relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders within Nigeria;
- Ensure that the mission's work, in the areas of operations, is known and accepted to ensure staff can safely deliver programs and continue their humanitarian activities;
- Provide technical input and advice in assessments to consider new geographic areas.
Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision:
- Identify, establish and manage context appropriate approach to assure that all facilities are safe;
- Compile and submit monthly security reporting that track incidents and trends within ACF’s area of operation;
- Work closely with ACF teams in the Field Offices to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report.
Security & Access Training and Orientation:
- Provide a development plan focus on capacity building method's for the Safety and Security team;
- Provide regular trainings for all staff on security preparedness, prevention and response;
- In collaboration with HR, review and update ACF Nigeria Security Information package for new hires and visitors.
- Promote a strong team spirit, provide oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Lead with commitment, integrity, accountability and ensure adherence.
Do you fit the Requested Profile?
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in security and access coordination in hostile/insecure environment (which is mandatory) in humanitarian environment
- You must have an expertise in current safety and security practices and issues affecting aid work globally
- You have the ability to adapt to needs between operations and security while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination
- You have experience working in a multi-cultural environment with comprehensive knowledge of the context and challenges of operating in Nigeria. You are known for your diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues, your capacity to work under pressure and your creativity. You are an excellent communicator and have specifics negotiation skills
- You have experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, compilation of security reports and assessments. In addition, you are known for you capacity to train and coach staff on security issues
- You have good understanding of ACF's mandate and you will be willing to commit to ACF's aims and principles, as well as commit to ACF's code of conduct
- Previous experience in the region will be a plus
- To be fluent in English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Contract: 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation.
Salary and Profits:
- Monthly gross salary from 1,805 € to 2,305 € (upon experience)
- Per diem and living allowance monthly: 539 € net - paid in cash in the field
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
Transportation and Accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (every 12 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.