Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for 1 Deputy Finance Manager for its Finance team in Maiduguri.
Deputy Finance Manager
Based in: Maiduguri, Borno State
Number of position: 1
Starting date – 2nd of September 2019
Duration of contract – 12 months
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the Deputy Finance Manager contributes to the good management of the finances of Maiduguri base through a qualitative implementation of all financial procedures related to the base.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
- Participates in the recruitment process of the staffs under his/her direct supervision.
- Supports the staff under his/her direct management in the fulfilment of their duties
- Reports to his/her line manager problems and/or concerns on technical issues
- Provides training to the Finance staff on the Finance components in order to build their capacities
- Solves team conflicts, if any occurs among the team
- Ensures team building among his/her team
- Conducts appraisals every six months for the staffs under his/her supervision
- Provides assistance to the Finance manager in designing and rolling out of all necessary financial and budget management tools related to the running of the base
- Ensures the proper use and implementation of these tools and procedures for financial, accounting and budget management in the base: accounting procedures, accounting records, SAGA, budget follow up (FFU), budget projections, cash forecasts, cash management and cash security
- Provides a technical help to the base regarding financial tools
- Together with the Finance manager, develops tools to perform the finance department in the base
- Under supervision of the Finance manager, he organizes the preparation of the audits
- Along with the HR department, controls the accuracy of the financial datas of the payroll
- Ensures the follow up of vendors disbursements and payments and participates to the vendors clearance along with Food Security and Livelihoods department
- Provides assistance to the Finance manager in designing and rolling out of all necessary financial and budget management tools related to the running of the base.
- Supports the Finance manager in the process of creation of new budgets in compliance with PUI and donors rules.
- Supports the Finance manager in the financial and budget Follow-up
- Participates in cost optimization using budget tracking
- Participates in budget monitoring detecting issues and proposing adjustments to the Finance manager.
- Ensures the good forecast of expenses in the mission meeting with Programs managers
- Ensures updating of Field Committed in the financial follow-up with new Purchase requests and orders.
- Ensures updating of the Allocation table in collaboration with HR and Logistics departments.
- Ensures that the financial and accounting archives are in compliance with internal procedures
- Ensures that accounting entries are completed in compliance with internal rules and procedures and communicated to the Finance manager according to the agreed calendar
- Is responsible of the reconciliation of the different cashbooks
- Supervises the finance assistant in filling the cashbooks
- Supervises the bookkeeping and ensures that cash balances and bank accounts are absolutely and permanently backed-up with appropriate documents
- Provides to the Finance Manager on weekly basis the cash forecast based on the budget forecast and the procurement plan
- Assists the finance manager in tracking the cashflow and the disbursments
- Supervises the daily and monthly cashcount
- Ensures the security of the cash on the base
- Ensure that information is circulated effectively between the different department at base level
- Edit or take part in drafting internal reports for everything involving Finance issues for the base
- Implement collective rules and communicate internally
- Stimulate internal communications
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages Fluent in Hausa, Kanuri is a plus
- Education degree: University degree in Finance
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
Knowledge and skills
- Good skills in reports and contracts redaction
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors
- Good management and pedagogical skills
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues, and commitment to NGO values
- Transversals skills
- Rigor and organization
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Team management
- Able to analyze and suggest improvement
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Able to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself. Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Honesty and integrityAble to check validity of information, logical thinking
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) career website on forms.office.com to apply