Deputy Head of Agency Operations at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 16 August, 2019
Deadline: 13 September, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is a widely recognised Specialist Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The company is aimed at improving the quality of life of clients by providing prompt and quality insurance service delivery. They offer a range of insurance products such as annuity, investment plans, group life plans and much more.
Deputy Head of Agency Operations
Reference Number: 130-PEO00979
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures employees compliance with policies that promote the company strategy, culture, mission and vision
- Provides advice to Company Management regarding Corporate Services and implementation of agreed management decisions
- Contributes to organisational leadership and strategic planning
- Identifies and eliminates errors and gaps in the application of appropriate controls to Company’s business processes
- Leads and participates actively in interdepartmental working groups as required
- Evaluates the performance of the Department against stated objectives, developing performance measures and ensuring feedback to staff on the department’s performance in meeting targets and objectives
- Communicates process improvement strategies to employees
- Plans, organizes and leads teams for internal initiatives and ensures accountability
- Seeks to ensure the development of effective working relationships between the department and others across the Company
- Reviews and improves approaches for communication, visibility, and reporting for clients
- Improves client strategic approach and relationship growth approach
- Assists in hiring process for new talent
- Provides strong direction and leadership, ensuring clear strategic objectives are in place to guide the work of the department
- Supports the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
- Promotes a strong team culture
- Analyses industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance across all units
- Monitors the progress of the Company and its competition to ensure that all goals and benchmarks are met, as well as re-evaluating and adjusting them as needed
- Ensures the development, monitoring and management of department budget
- Contributes to the development and implementation of administrative, financial and operational procedural statements and guidelines for use by staff in the organization.
- Minimum of first Degree in any relevant discipline
- MBA or Masters in any Business related discipline
- Professional membership in the Insurance industry is required
- Project management certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years cognate experience in the industry, out of which five (5) years must have been spent at a senior management level.
- This role demands a resourceful and highly organized individual with demonstrated capacity to simplify complex issues and recommend solutions and policy changes.
- The individual must have a comprehensive grasp of integrated agency workflows and operations, along with training in project management programs, tools and methodologies.
- The role calls for a highly analytical and strategic thinker, one who is able to pay critical attention to detail.
- The role also calls for good leadership, networking/ social skills, confident disposition, written and verbal communication skills, in-depth knowledge of the company’s activities, industry and competition.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Risk & Compliance Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Financial Reporting Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Executive Director, Technical at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Head, Business Development at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Supermarket Manager at Domino Stores Limited
- Office Assistant/Cleaner at First Choice Leasing Limited
- General Manager at Kloverharris Limited
- Senior Admin/Finance Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Accountant/Admin Officer at Owens and Xley
- Executive Assistant at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
- Front Desk Officer at Stresert Services Limited
- Female Administrative Officer at Millie's International School