Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
Finance & Admin Officer
Job ID: 13-10784
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: State Team Leader
- The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office, develops and implements MSH financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with MSH offices, projects technical centers to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners.
- Provide logistics support and coordination to all field activities and staff travel.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management.
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Supervise administrative and finance staff.
- To liaise with all office contractors and service providers and ensure the efficient running of the office including IT systems and other equipment
- To maintain, monitor and order all office and stationery supplies within agreed budgets
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly bank Reconciliation statements
- Process supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into MSH Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Management or Accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Minimum 3 years’ experience management experience
- Experience with USAID funded project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principals of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.