Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Finance, Compliance and Administrative Officer
Ref Id: sfh-00843
- This position will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of financial transactions at the field level and managing office administration functions.
- He/she shall review all financial documentation to ensure adherence to organisational financial policies and terms of the grant.
- S/He will also support capacity building of the KP Led CBOs on financial management.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure correct postings on ERP by using the proper cost assignments-GL, IO and CC.
- Ensure prompt and correct payment to field workers, consultants, vendors and project staffs
- Monthly preparation of Facility Report/Cost Data Analysis for the states covered
- Prepare financial reports
- Capacity building of the KP Led CBOs on financial management
- Maintain, organise and file documents for the projects and send to HQ monthly
- Ensure proper documentation and settlement of all advances and retirements
- Prepare bank reconciliation monthly for the assigned banks
- Ensure daily posting of Petty cash expenses and monthly certification
- Admin and other job functions that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or any related field of study
- Must have four (4) years post-NYSC experience in NGO Finance & Project Management.
- Being a registered member of an accounting professional body (ACA or ACCA) will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competency required:
- Ability to analyse financial matters, resolve issues promptly and accurately
- Excellent communication and proper documentation skills
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database
- Hands-on experience using ERP (SAP) or financial management MIS will an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should submit an abstract (50-80 words)
- A 4 page (maximum) research proposal with details on health area of interest. (The proposal should describe the research question, concept, methodology of analysis, timelines and how this research contributes to the mission of SFH and addressing key health issues in Nigeria. The language should be understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- A bibliography of previous research.
- In addition, applicants must submit a reference letter signed by an academic referee.
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply