Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Humanitarian Programme Advisor
Ref Id: sfh-19272
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of Contract: 2 years
- Coordination of SFH’s humanitarian activities in the North East; assisting with ongoing and planned projects.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Improve efficiency, coordination and timeliness in the humanitarian work, as well as to apply holistic programming approaches
- Coordinate, review and input on humanitarian assessments, reports, proposals, sector programme plans, master budgets, response strategy and other key planning processes and documents
- Ensure cross-sector collaboration among technical units/sectors during humanitarian crises
- Ensure integration with ongoing development and transition to development programmes, and identify possible durable solutions whenever possible
- Contribute to the development of new funding proposals for humanitarian responses.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in delivering health and nutritional service within a humanitarian context.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organisational, and cross-cultural skills. Demonstrated ability to manage team performance, a high level of creativity and innovation, ability to perform and prioritise a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines and able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should submit an abstract (50-80 words)
- A 4 page (maximum) research proposal with details on health area of interest. (The proposal should describe the research question, concept, methodology of analysis, timelines and how this research contributes to the mission of SFH and addressing key health issues in Nigeria. The language should be understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- A bibliography of previous research.
- In addition, applicants must submit a reference letter signed by an academic referee.
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply