Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Director of Programmes (DOP) – OVC Programme
Ref Id: sfh-45145
Locations: North East/North West
- The DOP will be responsible for the technical content of service delivery encompassing OVC services in the technical areas—household economic strengthening (HES), education support, child protection, social/behaviour change communication, case finding, referrals to treatment (working in collaboration with other partners providing ART services), and monitoring services within the community setting.
- S/He will provide technical expertise in high-impact OVC and HIV/AIDS services and their integration into established service delivery systems at different levels of care. The DOP will be based in North East/North West Nigeria.
- A minimum of master’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and HIV. This should be inclusive of a minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing and managing USAID funded OVC programme activities including programme planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting
- Strong technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in the following areas: OVC programming, programme design, curriculum development and capacity strengthening
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working with OVC community-led organisations.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, decision making and communication, skills. A mature health programming professional with good experience in community health programmes and demonstrated knowledge and capacity to foster the development of a common vision. Should display strong leadership in integrating planning efforts across work units. Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in technical staff. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should submit an abstract (50-80 words)
- A 4 page (maximum) research proposal with details on health area of interest. (The proposal should describe the research question, concept, methodology of analysis, timelines and how this research contributes to the mission of SFH and addressing key health issues in Nigeria. The language should be understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- A bibliography of previous research.
- In addition, applicants must submit a reference letter signed by an academic referee.
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply